• Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    This is all I can imagine.....

glocks-in-the-dishwasher.jpg
    I actually know of a couple of black powder guys who do exactly that with their cap and ball pistols. Take off the grips, put them in the dish washer. Take them out before the drying cycle while they are still hot. Let them air dry for a few minutes. Then oil them. They say it gets every bit of crud out without taking them apart. I suppose it would.
    I'm not sure that Glocks are dishwasher safe, though!

jbhummer2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    north central IN
    I would rather do them myself. Not a bad Idea for some people that are not that good with taking them apart. I do have a friend that drops his off at my house after the range. Knowing him it is probably good that I do the work. It is scary that he even has it.

workinman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    NWI
    I've had friends drop theirs off to me to clean only for the simple fact that they either don't know how to do it. one of them was an old ruger 22 that after shooting for 20yrs without cleaning was a mess and a b**ch to take apart!!! but as far as mine no friggin way!

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I have to agree...I trust a mechanic with my car, my nephew with my computer, heck i would trust my girlfriend with any guy here....

But my guns? I don't think so.... :smileak:

Your in luck I can work on your car, fix your computer, and I'll need pics of the girlfriend before commenting.

I used to be so anal I would run a brush and some patches before ever leaving the range, now I normally get around to it within a day or two. I am still very anal about it when I do clean them, complete strip, every nook and cranny scrubbed, grease where there is supposed to be grease, everything gets a lite coat of oil.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have never minded cleaning my guns after I shoot. I enjoy it actually. I am very picky about my guns, there is no way I would ever let someone else clean them for me.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Would you have to have an FFL to offer that service? If you leave the gun with someone else and money is changing hands I would think there would be an illegal transfer in there somewhere. I will let the BATFE guys who secretly read this board weigh in on that. I'm no expert.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I live close to MCF&G and would be willing to clean guns, no charge, of course before I clean I MUST fire at least 200 rounds out of the gun, you provide the ammo.

anyone interested PM me

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Would there be a need to clean fire arms for a fee for all the lazy range go-ers?

Drop them off on Monday, and have them ready by Tuesday kind of thing?
    When your customers pick up their cleaned firearm you could offer to sell them pre-shot targets. The higher the score the more expensive these pre-shot targets would sell for. Just think, the person could stay home and sip on a good bourbon, not have to get out in the rain cold or heat and they would still have a target that they would be proud enough to put on the icebox.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    When your customers pick up their cleaned firearm you could offer to sell them pre-shot targets. The higher the score the more expensive these pre-shot targets would sell for. Just think, the person could stay home and sip on a good bourbon, not have to get out in the rain cold or heat and they would still have a target that they would be proud enough to put on the icebox.

LOL, humor AND sarcasm....good one, man.

In my opinion, you may have a good idea with the cleaning thing, some people may do it, personally, if I knew you, and TRUSTED you, and it wasn't illegal, etc....it could be a money-making idea, a service that could take off, given enough effort and time to prove yourself reliable and responsible.

I am OuT...:cool:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jaydond
    Top Bottom