• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Yep, seeing as how I investigate all trespassers with my trusty Mossberg and Glock on my side, that would have probably been a dead teenager. I've almost blasted kids in Iraq over toy guns. Not something anyone wants to dwell on.
    on the other hand, I'd rather the kid have a bb gun than a bag of Skittles

shannonneumann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    NE Indiana
    ... I played Airsoft in college and the stuff we use were even more realistic.

I've checked out Airsoft stuff with my son multiple times, and many of the higher-end pistols are designed to be training replacements for Beretta, Sig, etc., and you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference by sight alone, other than the barrel opening. Weight, feel, control location, all spot-on. And the prices to go with it. I told him if I was going to spend that kind of money on a gun, it better shoot real bullets.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, I've bought a couple of mags for the son's airsoft stuff, and commented, "real ones are cheaper than that".

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've checked out Airsoft stuff with my son multiple times, and many of the higher-end pistols are designed to be training replacements for Beretta, Sig, etc., and you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference by sight alone, other than the barrel opening. Weight, feel, control location, all spot-on. And the prices to go with it. I told him if I was going to spend that kind of money on a gun, it better shoot real bullets.

Well I was back in college at the time and if it weren't for Airsoft, I wouldn't have gotten into guns.

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'd say you'd be justified!

As to the airsoft stuff.....I played for a few years and the "guns" were so realistic it was kinda scary. I had a Para P-14, and a Airsoft P-14, was damn near impossible to tell the difference, weight was within about 4 ounces (I weighed them once) Heck, the slide even functioned with each shot!

Which one is real, and which is the toy?
    2012-06-15_18-32-22_869.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom