• ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Vigo-Clay and surrounds Open Shoot Feeler

OK INGO, I am looking to find out how many folks would sign up for an OPEN SHOOT to be hosted at PROteq range in Brazil Indiana. It would be in September when the weather is a bit cooler on the LOWER RANGE (Also referred to as Lemon Valley or the LE/M range on the website which will be posted below) Anyone who signs up when the event is posted finally and a date is set would shoot that day for FREE (Normally non-members pay a $5 range fee). All are welcome of cure, there is a range release that all non-members will need to sign. If you come last minute and are an INGO member it might wind up you will have to pay the $5, that is up to the owner not me. He has said that if you do sign up in the Event thread though you shoot free that day.

It will be a Sunday or Saturday, I am leaning towards a Sunday as this seems to work out easier on most people. Here is what I would like to know: Sign in here to say if this interests you and tell me if you prefer a Sunday or Saturday. No actual date has been set, this is just a feeler to see if this is worthwhile. I decided to make it a simple INGO OPEN SHOOT and leave off the eating since my grill was stolen earlier this summer and I can't really afford to buy a new one right now. It also makes it a lot simpler for all involved.

Range Rules and any other questions including location can be had at the website here: proteq.us

Let's see if folks in this area want to meet each other. :ingo:

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Really? 34 views and no one wants to say they would even maybe come?

I am now understanding why there are no meets in my area. Either my area has no INGO members or they are all a bunch of loners. :dunno:

Is it the range? No one like PROteq? Is that the trouble? All I want to do here is try to get a group of the local members together so we can meet each other.
    Personally I always like to put faces to web names.
    I also think it is better and easier to decide if you like someone in person rather than thinking you can decode plain text for whether or not they are as angry as you think they are all the time.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    what type of shoot are we talking about ? (not that i care, if it goes BANG i LIKE it) shotgun ? pistol? rifle? forgive my ignorance if this should have been understood, i know very little about competitions... just up the road an hour in fountain county so i would be very interested ...

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    What do you think this is...a gun forum?

I'd be interested...but when classes start back up I have a whole lot less time

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Hello All it's Don B from ProTEQ. Warthog contacted me about this INGO Day. I agreed it was a good idea and that he should proceed. NOW...Help Warthog pick a date. The South Valley will be opened that day for this event. It has a dedicated Rim Fire Range (17RF or 22RF - the 22/4U), a 150 yard rifle range (up to 50 BMG - NO AP Ammo), an 8 lane pistol range (the LE/M), and The Cowboy Action Range (LEAD BULLETS in Pistol Calibers - the C.A.R.). All 4 Ranges will be available for the INGO Shooters on that chosen day. You can shoot any of your toys as long as you do the paper work and follow the rules. Warthog posted the website link above...(proteq.us) so go look at whats here and the rules.

The preregistration idea was to help Warthog meet some shooters in the Wabash Valley area and make the paper work process simpler. He moved here from another state and hasn't had the opportunity to meet and make new friends. If you are a CURRENT 2013 ProTEQ Patron your paper work is already on file (email me and I'll provide you proof to give to Warthog so you by-pass the range release paperwork). If you are NOT a current Patron.... then complete the paperwork and here is a chance to TRY ProTEQ for free this ONE DAY.

I pull Patron's from over 100 miles in all four directions. This is a unique facility at a very reasonable price. Come out and have fun and see if you need to join. If you don't like the place the worst you've had is a Bad on the Range....Which ALWAYS beats a Good Day at the OFFICE. Unless it's my Office, which is one the Range.:)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Really? 34 views and no one wants to say they would even maybe come?

I am now understanding why there are no meets in my area. Either my area has no INGO members or they are all a bunch of loners. :dunno:

Is it the range? No one like PROteq? Is that the trouble? All I want to do here is try to get a group of the local members together so we can meet each other.
    Personally I always like to put faces to web names.
    I also think it is better and easier to decide if you like someone in person rather than thinking you can decode plain text for whether or not they are as angry as you think they are all the time.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Hopefully my schedule will cooperate. For those not familiar, Don is a great person (and it has been way too long since I have had a good opportunity to visit), and it's a great range (although it sounds like a lot of work has happened since I saw it last. Everything should work out just right!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    It is an OPEN SHOOT. This means bring your rifles and handguns and shoot them. :)

It is about meeting each other as much as it is getting together to shoot and it isn't a competition. We get together with some of our guns, maybe you can try out something you never fired before, I know you can shoot anything I own if you want and I bring it, and we have a good time meeting and getting to know each other, INGO Style.

I asked about why there were never any INGO events in my area in a thread and I was told because I never put one together. See I thought it was something the forum did and not just the members did for themselves. When I found out it was something I could do, well I started trying to do it. That is what his is here. I want to know who and how many people from my area, I am in Terre Haute and the range is in Brazil so this is my area, wold want to get together one day in September and do some shooting together?

Now if this sounds good say so and then tell me whether a Saturday or Sunday s better during the moth of September for this sort of thing an then we can set a date. THEN I will post a thread in the EVENTS FORUM.

See, I need to know if this is even worth my time or not. Is it? Are there at least five people who think they'd show up for this sort of thing? If so then I will set a date on either a Saturday or Sunday and we can do some shooting.

Check out the range site I linked in the OP, it has both the rules and pix of the LOWER RANGE or LE/M (Lemon Valley) where we would hold this shoot. Current Members already know the rules and have signed waivers for the year, non-member would get ti shoot free for that day IF THEY SIGN UP WHEN I POST THE OFFICIAL THREAD IN EVENTS but they will have to sign the waiver. I will be there to make sure it all goes smoothly of course.

So, if this sounds good say s and let me know if Sat or Sun is better and I will set a date (LMK if a date is better to if you have a tight schedule). Once I have a better idea of the number of folks, what day works best and all f this I can set a date and post this as an event for us to sign up for and make it official. If this works well enough, we may even be able to make it into an annual event like so many of those you see in the Event Forum and perhaps next year we can get together and grill out then shoot. This year though let's make it simple and just try to get together and shoot. It will let you check out the range for one thing and it will also give you a chance to put a face and voice to the name "Warthog" among others. OK? :ingo:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    This looks promising then. I will start talking to Don tomorrow, my usual range day, and see what day we come up with and get it posted up and see how many we can get signed up for the shoot.

don't let my post stop you from chiming in and stating Sat or Sun or giving dates that work either. Tomorrow is a long way away yet and frankly so is Sept. things can always change.

Even after that keep posting. The more people I get feedback from in the feeler the better able I am to make this work out for the group as a whole.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    saturdays would "generally" work best for me, although sundays are do-able ... either way , i plan to check out this facility as my new place to shoot :) ... didnt even know it existed :( ... moving daughter into sorority house 17th & have a wedding to attend (wife says im going) on 31st ... other than that my schedule is wide open !!!

jasonville43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Jasonville, Indiana
    Sounds good! I am pretty new to shooting so it would give me a chance to meet some other folks around the area that enjoy pullin triggers!! Sundays are best for me but might be able to make a Saturday work.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Warthog and I spoke this morning. The INGO DAY is Set for....SATURDAY....SEPTEMBER 14th....10 AM to 4 PM.

Lemon Valley (the South Range) will be open all day for you INGO Members and for others who might show up, but the INGO Members will have first choice in the use of those facilities in that valley. ALL ProTEQ Rules and Regulations will be enforced. They are BASICALLY....BE SAFE and CLEAN UP, but I highly advise you to go READ the RULES before you attend so you DON'T Break Any (I heard the old man can be harsh. HA HA).

If you are a CURRENT ProTEQ Patron, please email me to get verification of your current status (you'll avoid paperwork that day if you bring that verification). My email is available on the website (proteq.us). If your are NOT a current patron....you'll be filling out a Range Release. You newbies will get to shoot for free that one day. I'm glad to here there is interest in this event. Fall is always a busy time on the range and events get scheduled early. The ONLY Saturday open in September is the 14th. If you wish to do this on a yearly basis it will need to be scheduled ahead to have more choice in the date. Discuss it with Warthog and have him contact me early in 2014.

I hope to see some of you here on the 14th.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    INGO Day is now posted on the ProTEQ website front page banner and the September Calendar reflects the entry on Sept 14th.

Register with Warthog and come out to play.

Go to the website (proteq.us) if you need something from me.

Top Bottom