• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I ordered a "Military Variant" Romanian AK-47 from Classic Arms last month. This is just a high-cap WASR-10 with a compensator and bayonet lug. I had the gun shipped to Ron and Patti at TSG.

My experience was mixed. I ordered online using their website. But despite the rifle being listed as "in stock," it was not. And I discovered this after I called them a few days later because I had not received a shipping invoice or anything besides the generic "Thank you for your order" email. I will admit the woman I spoke with was very nice and apologetic. She told me the rifle should be back in stock after 7-10 days. This did turn out to be the case, which was cool. Shipping costs were reasonable.

The rifle itself looked good. The sights were in good shape and not canted at all. The piston and bolt looked much better than the ones on the WASR I had purchased last year. Mag wobble was minimal.

Also included was the bayonet, 2 mags, frog, ammo pouch, oil bottle and 2 cleaning rods (neither of which fit on the rifle :laugh:). What was missing was the buttstock cleaning kit. Now I dont really care as I use a boresnake, but I wouldn't mind having the AK tool that comes as part of the kit. No biggie though, as the sight post can be adjusted with a pair of pliers.

Overall, I am happy with the price and the fast shipping (once the rifle was in stock). I was slightly disappointed with the less than accurate website and the lack of communication- a call or email telling me the rifle was delayed would have been nice. The missing cleaning kit is a negative, but not really worth complaining about.

I am happy with my WASR, but if I order from them again in the future, I will order by phone.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I am happy with my WASR, but if I order from them again in the future, I will order by phone.

Good call (pardon the pun) Ordering from large warehouse retailers is usually smoother online, though they lack any sort of "personal touch." Smaller retailers are great when, for example, you ask to have them select a rifle with a certain characteristic (or lack thereof). Of course, it helps to talk to the person who will look for what you want.

I haven't yet, but I'd order from Classic Arms, as I've heard positive feedback about them. I could see getting a Draco from them someday ...but my firearms wish list is always too long ...and growing! :D

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    I wasnt impressed with Classic Arms they showed a Mosin NAgant ex dragoon in stock but come to find out they had zeo mosins and they gave very little info and was kinda rude

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    yea, their website sucks. you definitely need to call first. I really considered the dragoon, but ultimately went the cheaper route to avoid the ire of the Mrs.

Top Bottom