Clara Lane Walmart, wouldn't sell me ammo because I wouldn't show pink card.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Firearm ownership falls somewhere between religion and politics for red blooded Americans. When you put your ideas out there, expect people to notice and in some cases fight with you about it. This is not a matter or right and wrong, it's just how things are. I like to conceal carry for the same reason I try not to talk politics or religion around people I don't know.

In this case asking to see your LTCH while trying to buy rifle ammo would be no different than a person working at a gas station wanting to see your motorcycle license when you are gassing up your car because you are wearing your Harley-Davidson t-shirt.. People are stupid. The rest of us just try to survive.

There is a thread for that. Check it out.https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/71996-open-carry-argument.html

Water always takes the course of least resistance.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Probably the manager in the op was asking because she had seen her husband require a ltch when selling a rifle!! The pink card is good for everything. Don't leave home without it!!

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    This was a great comeback:
    "I asked if it would be reasonable to 'remove' a gay couple that was holding hands just because someone took offense to it. Of course she said no. So I explained to her that it wasn't really any different that I was singled out like that."

People who sell "restricted" items in Walmart need to be trained....alcohol, tobacco, and ammunition.

It would have been better if you just pulled your shirt over your pistol and bought the ammo. Then returned to open carry

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd lose my **** if some retail puke tried to deny my purchase.

Granted, I don't buy ammo at grocery stores.

Unrelated, I have been denied a credit card purchase because I wouldn't show my ID. That's against the cardholder agreement to require ID for Credit purchases... and I was content to leave my items with the cashier and walk out.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Easier is not necessarily better.
    Agreed.

Some desire to run on stealth mode and use jedi mind tricks. They think they are really sharp, so sharp they can pass through jeans without tearing them.

I don't ever start but I won't walk away.

Last edited:

mohrpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    It is amazing how big of a difference of how the stores are, never have had a issue at our local store.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I see, so someone looks at your posts and decides if it has merit and deletes the number they determine don't ? Executive order like so to speak. I just bought a new 45 so going to the classifieds to buy anything is out of the question for me. I'm on a budget..... Took awhile to save up for the Springfield. I do need more ammo or time to load it. What type of bike do you ride DirtE ??
    '78 FLH Electra Glide

Top Bottom