• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EH91KY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Thank you to those who have posted with what was asked.

For everyone else, no one is making you post here. If you don't like the thread, just keep scrolling and continue on with your day.

I thought this could provide quick acess to a list of select firearms. People constantly ask for guns that are alternatives to AR's and AK's or have heard of Saiga Shotguns but overlook other models. I myself am in the market for a new firearm and have been researching all the guns. I'd like to be aware of all my options. I've built an AR and owned a Saiga 12 and wasn't particularly thrilled with either platform. To me the AR felt cheap even though it was reliable and the Saiga was stout and finally I had it where it could shoot consistently with target loads after I did the necessary gun smithing, but IMO if you get just one failure in 50 rounds that's still poor. And yes I know AR's are proven and the S12 wasn't made to shoot low brass.

My original post also makes mention that I do not refer to these guns as "assault", notice the quotations and reference to the news. I'm also well aware that civilians can purchase fully automatic firearms (use to sell guns as a job) but I'd like to avoid the guns that require the tax stamp. You guys are correct that these are standard capacity, but their magazines hold many more rounds than say a Browning Bar.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thought it would be nice to have a thread with a list of all the currently manufactured or readily available high capacity semi-auto civilian arms (what the news would probably call assault even though we know better)

Just a reminder, a 30 round mag is standard capacity for AK/AKM/AK-74 as well as several others. 50 rounds is the standard capacity magazine for the FNH P90/PS90.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    For everyone else, no one is making you post here. If you don't like the thread, just keep scrolling and continue on with your day.
    You are only corrected because the less firearm owners use the terms, "Assault Rifle", and "High Capacity Magazine", the better. How will we get the libtards to stop saying it, if the firearm community can't seem to stop saying it?

If your goal was to find out what other SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLE PLATFORMS are out there, to help you in your quest for a new rifle, you should have said so, instead of starting a seemingly pointless thread.

Let the butthurt flow! Welcome to INGO!:ingo:

EH91KY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    You are only corrected because the less firearm owners use the terms, "Assault Rifle", and "High Capacity Magazine", the better. How will we get the libtards to stop saying it, if the firearm community can't seem to stop saying it?

If your goal was to find out what other SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLE PLATFORMS are out there, to help you in your quest for a new rifle, you should have said so, instead of starting a seemingly pointless thread.

Let the butthurt flow! Welcome to INGO!:ingo:

In terms of long guns as a whole a standard AR-15 magazine offers a much higher capacity then most, even though 30 rounds is the standard in regards to that platform. I'm not interested in just simply semi-automatic firearms, if I were then that would also take into consideration long guns such as Browning Bar as stated earlier. I'm not looking for hunting rifles. I could say sporting rifles but that is not correct either. Tactical is also an incorrect term. I could have said rifles with atleast a 20 round capacity, but then that couldn't include say an SKS because in it's factory state a 20 round mag wouldn't be 922r compliant.

All of the guns listed do however have one thing in common and that's that te media would call them "assault". In the original post it clearly states that is not an accurant description. If users are to incompetent to understand that, then that's their ignorance.

I'll say at again, if you see no point in this thread them keep scrolling. It's that easy folks. I've sold guns, done background checks, built an AR, restored an SKS, converted an S12. It's a passion and a hobby. I don't need a history lesson or attempts to correct things you misinterpret or things I already know. If you feel I'm misleading then you can certainly rant about it in another thread or send me a PM, but do me the courtesy and stay out of mine.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I had a Blackhawk for several years, a friend of mine cut himself on it. None of my dangerous rifles or pistols that take magazines never hurt anyone, but that evil 7.5" stainless 45 Colt Blackhawk, it was an assualtin SOB

EH91KY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    For the record I asked for shotgun and carbine models also.

I asked for a list. A list that could help inform people of models they may overlook or be unaware of. People were curious what the list is for, and for me personally it's to make sure I'm not overlooking any platforms before I make a future purchase.

Its still about semi-automatic firearms that media would most likely call "assault weapons" this description is to limit models, I'm not interested in say a KSG even though it may be refer to as an assault weapon by the media, I'm also not interested in .22's or rifles more geared solely towards hunting that are semi-auto.

Bottom line I'm still asking for a list of only semi-automatic firearms with high capacity magazines in comparison to other firearms even if the magazines are standard. I'm not looking for any semi-automatic firearm, only those the media would most likely refer to as "assault" even though they are not assault weapons. Maybe a better description would be semi-auto military style rifles, carbines, and shotguns that are readily available.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Here's one to add to the list, at least if it's currently outside the USA:

M1 Garand:
    M1_zpsb5c0c43d.jpg

Top Bottom