• ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Does that make me a moral relativist?
    I don't know. I know on INGO, it seems like every question has an agenda :) I usually try to ask sincere questions out of curiosity and not out to lay a trap.

I was just curious. Not seeking to do any persuading.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    It's that time of year again. Halloween. I refuse to celebrate the occult and paganism. Wife thinks it's just harmless fun.

What's your thoughts?
    I agree with you; however, I refuse the darkness control while I can be a light. It's not celebrating but rather being a light in the darkness. Our church along with the church across the street will fight the darkness by lighting up our area. In years past we have collectively served over 500 people coming through to see lightness in a dark world. We have "trunk or treat" and pass out candy, tracks and such on our church property.

Some of ya may disagree but I think it's good. Our community needs "Light" and this is just one of many out reaches we provide to spread the good news and the love of Jesus.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I agree with you; however, I refuse the darkness control while I can be a light. It's not celebrating but rather being a light in the darkness. Our church along with the church across the street will fight the darkness by lighting up our area. In years past we have collectively served over 500 people coming through to see lightness in a dark world. We have "trunk or treat" and pass out candy, tracks and such on our church property.

Some of ya may disagree but I think it's good. Our community needs "Light" and this is just one of many out reaches we provide to spread the good news and the love of Jesus.
    That sounds cool. Maybe dress up as a favorite Bible character or Saint or something.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    That sounds cool. Maybe dress up as a favorite Bible character or Saint or something.
    Some do and some dress up as cartoon characters and such. Clown making balloons, some games. It's a fast 1 1/2 hours. Church across the street will sometimes serve hotdogs....it's fun for all.

Children's parents have just as much fun.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's that time of year again. Halloween. I refuse to celebrate the occult and paganism. Wife thinks it's just harmless fun.

What's your thoughts?
    It's my favorite holiday - no obligation to spend it with family, I don't have to do s bunch of cooking, I can just release my creative side to make a costume.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    As a kid, I wanted candy. So I loved it. That was about the time the razor blade in apple scares etc. I was 6 or so. So mom bribed me. I was an avid reader so she said I could get candy or I could go to Waldenbooks and get any book. I chose the books.

As the years went by, by the 80s and 90s, I saw a rise in Wiccans, Witchcraft, UFOs, occult practices. Far Eastern mystic religions rising up, "Christian" yoga. It seemed to me that at the same time Halloweens popularity began to skyrocket. So I associated the 2 in my mind and became increasingly against Halloween.

Thats all anecdotal and is just meant to relate why I moved to hold the view I have now. Again not trying to make a persuasive argument.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    As a kid, I wanted candy. So I loved it. That was about the time the razor blade in apple scares etc. I was 6 or so. So mom bribed me. I was an avid reader so she said I could get candy or I could go to Waldenbooks and get any book. I chose the books.

As the years went by, by the 80s and 90s, I saw a rise in Wiccans, Witchcraft, UFOs, occult practices. Far Eastern mystic religions rising up, "Christian" yoga. It seemed to me that at the same time Halloweens popularity began to skyrocket. So I associated the 2 in my mind and became increasingly against Halloween.

Thats all anecdotal and is just meant to relate why I moved to hold the view I have now. Again not trying to make a persuasive argument.
    I find it interesting that UFOs are in that list, of those things.

I think as time goes on, more things occur, I think as we get older we see and are aware of more things, I think your realization of your association and that’s it’s antidotal is healthy, whether the view is true or not.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I find it interesting that UFOs are in that list, of those things.

I think as time goes on, more things occur, I think as we get older we see and are aware of more things, I think your realization of your association and that’s it’s antidotal is healthy, whether the view is true or not.
    Listening to Art Bell all the time :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    1 John 3:8-9 NKJV
    He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
    [9] Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

1 John 3:8-9 KJV
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    [9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3:8-9 ESV
    Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.
    [9] No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

1 John 3:8-9 NASB
    the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
    [9] No one who has been born of God practices sin, because His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin continually, because he has been born of God.

So do you believe this?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I mean what I ask do you believe what this Scripture says?
    I think it's pretty straightforward both the question and the Scripture.
    This Scripture came up this Sunday. Figured it would be interesting to discuss it.
    Sorry, as Foszoe alluded to earlier so many questions are loaded ones. Asked with an agenda. I thought maybe you were answering the Halloween question in a roundabout way.

So, sure, it’s scripture, so I believe it, but that’s just me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Sorry, as Foszoe alluded to earlier so many questions are loaded ones. Asked with an agenda. I thought maybe you were answering the Halloween question in a roundabout way.

So, sure, it’s scripture, so I believe it, but that’s just me.
    Some think they can sin, as long as they ask forgiveness afterwards it's okay.
    Some think you do not sin knowing as a Christian. I'm with this group.
    I believe those above verses along with many others describes where you stand spiritually if you knowingly, and willingly sin.

Top Bottom