Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think she's really a Karen or she would be wearing a mask (or two). Officer should have asked for her vaccine passport, I'm sure she would be all about showing those papers

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think she's really a Karen or she would be wearing a mask (or two). Officer should have asked for her vaccine passport, I'm sure she would be all about showing those papers
    Well, her name is "Kara" so Karen is close enough.

But, Karen is really just any narcissistic, highly argumentative woman that wants to speak to the manager; she's both for and against masks.

This woman definitely is anti-vax: She either pulled it, or protected it, because this is the only thing I can see:

Kara Q. Bell on Twitter: "I don't believe in any vaccines! God ...​

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When did Christianity change from us being a slave to the Gospel and suffering and serving our Master, to God's purpose to guarantee our personal freedumbs and conveniences?

https://www.newsweek.com/maskless-woman-arrested-assault-nordstrom-police-body-cam-video-1584592
    This is just one example of this new (or just more common?) behavior.... and it's sickening.

How does that action and attitude further the cause of the Gospel?

Yeah....I wouldn't put too much stock into her "woman of God" claim. I'd say it's irrelevant to this...mess.

And as to the "Karen" thing, I know too many nice Karens.

Anyhoo, if we are going to use that term, there are Karens of every stripe and plenty of them are like this.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah....I wouldn't put too much stock into her "woman of God" claim. I'd say it's irrelevant to this...mess.
    This.

ETA I saw a video where a gut took the L-rd's name in vain, would it be appropriate to post it here?

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This.

ETA I saw a video where a gut took the L-rd's name in vain, would it be appropriate to post it here?
    Yeah, that would be inappropriate. ;)

And not really relevant. Why would someone think that person would be of Christ?

But if you run around and make claims of being a Christian, and naming your church, and the pastor... whoa boy.

Especially after the things that spewed from this woman's mouth:
    Here's the footage & story leading up to it: https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...making-racist-remarks-during-mask-dispute/#//
    I can't embedded the cellphone footage given the language of this woman.

Note: these two videos aren't really connected, other than crazy white women, who refuse to wear a mask, and make open claims of Christianity (as if it should be a get out of jail card).

I guess the point is, if you're going to be a jerk in public, leave Christ out of it, please.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So this is the let's air the dirty laundry of Christians and those that claim to be.

My point being, there are enough antchrists doing that, so we do not have to.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is not your or my job to do the job of the accuser of the brethren. It is our job to live in such a was as to be able to point others to the perfection of Christ.

Philippians 1:10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
    1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Shared via Bible KJV http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyc.ace.kjv

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    How Pharisiac.

First. You are either Saved or unsaved.

If you are Saved, you will continue to backside and confess until the day you go to Heaven.

If you are unsaved, you will continue to sin until the day that you either trust Christ, or you die.

We give people in both cases the best support to know and grow in Christ.
    Are you saying that churches not wanting to accept unrepentant sinners as part of their congregations are "Pharisiac"? Not talking about back sliders. Unrepentant.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I would love to sit down and discuss this with you one on one. I am a poor typist and have a difficult time making myself cleat in writing.

I am saying that my Church does not turn anyone away that is willing to sit quietly and take in what is being offered.

Anyone that is not Saved is by definition unrepentant.

Most people believe that repentance is forsaking all of their sin. However, Biblical repentance is forsaking your useless efforts to please G-d and "earn" Heaven and putting your faith in Christ and his death, burial and resurrection as TOTAL payment for your sin.

Anyone that has trusted Christ as Saviour is welcome, where ever they are in their journey.

Anyone that has not yet trusted Him is welcome to participate in our public services. They are not allowed to hold positions of leadership, or be involved in ministries with our young people. That is unless they are a young person being ministered to.

I hope that is clear.

PS, there are people that have professed faith in Christ, been Baptized and joined the Church that will not be put in positions of leadership because of their youthfullnes in Christ.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Scrolling through the recent posts is bringing to mind questions that seemed easier to answer when I was younger.

As a freshly saved 17 year old, it was very straightforward. I was surrounded by the good people of the world on Sunday and left to deal with a mixed bag including many, well, not good people thd other 6 days.

Over time, I came to see that in many cases, there really wasn't much difference.

I eventually reached the point of having questions about the church as an institution, both in terms of the reality of the situation and not being entirely sure how things should be. Based on observation, i would conclude that there certainly is no general consensus on the subject.

Perhaps more distressing is the existence of so many questions before a person even considers doctrine.

Maybe I will post more later if I perceive any sense of understanding I do not presently possess.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Some verses that help me to Center.

The Church is important, however made up of men will never be perfect, until He returns. He must be preeminent in your heart

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Looking at others we will always be disappointed, as will they should they look at you or me.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Keep your mind focused on what He wants you to think about.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
    4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
    4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Too often we are inundated with accusations that may or may not be founded in truth. Note that the instruction above says to spread true gossip, but it must also be of good report, virtuous and praiseworthy.

James 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

You are Saved, washed in the blood, a child of G-d, in His Eternal vision you are glorified.

In order to comprehend this I read an octet of Psalm 119 every day, morning and evening, from the the first to the 22nd. I read each verse twice in English and once in (struggling) Hebrew in the morning and the same octet in the evening is the last thing I think about before bed. As I read I attempt to assess my life to see if I am getting closer to acting like a Christian.

Shared via Bible KJV http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyc.ace.kjv

If this helps I am glad. If not, putting it together helped me.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Lets remember Paul and the scriptures make it clear not to judge those of the world, for God shall judge them. But those who are of the household of God we are to judge, for know ye not, that we shall judge angels. The scripture Jesus teaches about not judging others was not directed towards believers but rather those who judge not by Gods word, but judging by THEIR standards. Something the Pharisee and Sadducees had become experts in. I have been in church and seen brethren caught in ungodly sin red handed only to quote wrongly..."Judge not lest ye be judged." This is willful and wrong interpretation of the scriptures. 1 Cor. 5-6 makes this clear.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Well, her name is "Kara" so Karen is close enough.

But, Karen is really just any narcissistic, highly argumentative woman that wants to speak to the manager; she's both for and against masks.

This woman definitely is anti-vax: She either pulled it, or protected it, because this is the only thing I can see:

Kara Q. Bell on Twitter: "I don't believe in any vaccines! God ...​

If the catchphrase was Shequita, instead of Karen, it would be considered "racist", however in todays climate...

Top Bottom