• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    It's been discussed before, but yes, I carry.
    However
    1. please don't open carry - not because I'm infringing on your rights, but because anytime spent looking at your gun is time not spent worshipping/learning about God.

2. Make sure your church is not an official daycare. If it is, leave it at home.

3. If you do carry, keep an eye on the exit, (i sit in a "tactical" area where I see the parking lot and the lot cant see me) if someone comes in looking for easy targets, it may be you who's called upon to love your neighbor as Christ loved the church (means dying)

4. Never a bad idea to talk to your pastor, you may learn that you're not the only one!

I completely agree. This makes a lot of sense.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I used to carry to church, but I stopped.

They are currently building a huge school on the property, and most likely wont be done until late next year.

I just figured I might as well get used to not carrying to church now...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Traditionally here on INGO "Church Carry" threads have been permitted, as long as they don't evolve into religious discussions about what the Bible says about self defense, etc etc.

If it stays to the topic of "Carrying", with the Church being discussed as a "building", then it it allowable.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I pocket carry everywhere legal including Church. Only God and me and now the entire internut know I carry in Church. Preacher and I share an interest in guns but he has never mentioned carry and I haven't either.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I always add a little works to my faith...

Ahem...

Traditionally here on INGO "Church Carry" threads have been permitted, as long as they don't evolve into religious discussions about what the Bible says about self defense, etc etc.

If it stays to the topic of "Carrying", with the Church being discussed as a "building", then it it allowable.

Fredo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    In A Yellow Submarin
    I was under the impression if they have a school or kindergarten on premises, the only way for you to carry would be if the Church "names" you a security person"? Any lawyers out there expert in Indiana Carry Law?

Hickory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Gibson county
    I generally carry in church. A LCR in 38 special +p. Carry in my pocket nobody is the wiser. Our church is right on a busy state highway and I worry who might drop in unexpectedly.
    Hickory

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Ask yourself this:

Why do you carry at all?

I carry because I want to have options if the SHTF.

If I attended church, I would ask myself, "Could the SHTF here?"

If the answer is "yes", then why would you NOT carry? Imagine your fellow parishioners getting mowed down while you are sitting there wishing you had an option available other than staring in disbelief.

Does that put it in some perspective for you?

Either you are a sheep or a sheepdog. Period.

Vanguard.45

Colarmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greater Fort Wayne Area
    I'm in school to become a pastor. In my denomination, most pastors wear rather complicated vestments during the service. I know several pastors who do carry regularly, but can't access their weapons in a timely fashion due to church attire, so they just don't carry during the service.

I also have been encouraged by pastors in a mentoring capacity over me to make sure I know who in my church is carrying, so I can make sure to alert them to potential issues.

That's the biggest reason to let your pastor know, if there's an issue that may turn violent, he's probably the first to know about it. Whether or not he can talk about it is another issue.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I carry at church even when I am playing in our praise band. I actually feel better when we're playing because at least then I can see all the exits without being obvious. :)

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    My Church is also a school. So, I jumped through the hoops and got a permission slip approved by both the elders of the church and the board of the school. We agreed that with my level of volunteering and the times I am there. That is is OK for me to carry. the only time I do not carry is if I am there and it is during a "school Day" during "school hours" It does exclude extracurricular things such as school band concerts, sporting events, etc. As I am usually helping with those things in the evenings.

Since I have gotten my permission I know of at least two other people who are going through the process to get their permission slip.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom