• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i cant imagine how many late model chrystler cars/trucks i have seen sitting in a junkyard because they had caught on fire. not a dent in the body or a scratch on the paint (saw one that still had a paper plate... he musta been close to the fire department) i think one visit to a junkyard me and a friend counted 7 that were in the new arrival lot. (those cars tend to stay for about a month or so)

have to admit to ford having issues with fires as well but i havent seen as many fords at the junkyard that were at some point on fire.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I like having my guns up behind the seat. I would worry about them back in that compartment. Wonder if I could fit the wife in there....

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    come to think of it. i would worry about being involved in an accident (or if you actually use the truck as a truck) and a load shifts or something and damages the compartment and guns or so you cant easily get to the guns without being hosed.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Check your facts:

---- That was Government Motors that did that...

Thank you.

I guess I'm wrong about that. I thought GM merged with Chrysler. I know they were talking about in in 2008.

I don't need a huge truck and the only small truck in the market any more is the Ranger or Mazda B-Series (same thing). Gas mileage DOES matter to me. I drive a decent amount. I'll be buying a Ranger in the next 2 months. My Maxima is almost dead (292k miles) and my 1994 Ranger can't be trusted.

Viper393

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Clark County
    I guess I'm wrong about that. I thought GM merged with Chrysler. I know they were talking about in in 2008.

Dodge merged (got bought) out by Fiat after the GM/Dodge deal fell through. I do like the looks of the Ram the best and love the Cummins but a Ford will be my next truck. Aren't the Dodge Rams built in Mexico?

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I don't know if gun-toting is a friendly media term. It seems like it is most used in conjunction with nut, psycho or wack-job. The tone of the article is overall pretty reasonable though.

As far as the box itself, it seems like it would be more secure than in the cabin where a window is the only barrier. You would need a pry bar or some kind of tools to get that open. A lot of their trucks come with these boxes intended for tools, so it wouldn't really be a dead giveaway that there are guns there.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Chrysler Group is a limited liability corporation based in Auburn Hills, Mich. Chrysler's equity is split between the Union Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Association of the United Auto Workers (67.69 percent), Fiat S.p.A. of Italy (20 percent), the United States government (9.85 percent) and the Canadian government (2.46 percent).

I was thinking cyberus owned part of chrysler.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Chrysler
    In 2007, Cerberus and about 100 other investors purchased an 80% stake in Chrysler for $7.4 billion,[5] promising to bolster the auto maker’s performance by operating as an independent company. In 2008, the plan collapsed due to an unprecedented slowdown in the U.S. auto industry and a lack of capital.[6] In response to questioning at a hearing before the House committee on December 5, 2008 by Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite, Chrysler President and CEO Robert Nardelli said that Cerberus' fiduciary obligations to its other investors and investments prohibited it from injecting capital.[6]
    On March 30, 2009, it was announced that Cerberus Capital Management will lose its equity stake and ownership in Chrysler as a condition of the Treasury Department’s bailout deal, but Cerberus will maintain a controlling stake in Chrysler’s financing arm, Chrysler Financial. Cerberus will utilize the first $2 billion in proceeds from its Chrysler Financial holding to backstop a $4 billion December 2008 Treasury Department loan given to Chrysler. In exchange for obtaining that loan, it promised many concessions including surrendering equity, foregoing profits, and giving up board seats:
    "In order to achieve that goal Cerberus has advised the Treasury that it would contribute its equity in Chrysler automotive to labor and creditors as currency to facilitate the accommodations necessary to affect [sic] the restructuring."[7]
    Chrysler Financial refused to take $750 million in Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) government bailout aid because executives didn't want to abide by executive-pay limits, and because the firm doesn't necessarily need the money.[8]
    On April 30, 2009, Chrysler declared bankruptcy protection and announced that GMAC will become the financing source for new wholesale and retail Chrysler cars.[9]
    Chrysler Financial, once the exclusive lending arm of the storied automaker, will liquidate and go out of business by Dec. 31, 2011, according to a letter from the U.S. Treasury Department.

Now im confused not sure who owns what.

Top Bottom