• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So much for being an American car company. Now they're going to be an Italian car company, (instead of a mostly Italian car company). Bet the UAW are crapping themselves right about now. My guess is that in a few years Fiat will be making Chryslers in the South without the aid of the UAW. Maybe now Chrysler will make a car that someone actually wants to buy.

Fiat reaches $4.35 billion deal to buy rest of Chrysler | The Detroit News

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would consider it justice given the way the Kenyan orchestrated the theft of what value was left from those who, according to bankruptcy law should have been at the front of the line, and gave it to the UAW, and again did likewise with GM, which I am sure will self-correct at some point.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Pretty much a spot on assesment in my view. My brother and I bought Jeeps and both had junk transmissions at 8 years.I bought the wife a Ford because they were the only one who didn't beg for tax payer dollars to prop up the beloved auto industry. The product and the company should stand on its own merit. I don't care what anybody says GM still owes us 40 billion.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This means Chrysler itself will bear much of the cost of its acquisition by cash-strapped Fiat, which is struggling to ride out a major downturn in sales in its home market.

I'm an engineer not a financial guy...but my gut feeling is this merger of (as the article called it) also-rans will run out of gas in a few years and be looking for help once again.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm an engineer not a financial guy...but my gut feeling is this merger of (as the article called it) also-rans will run out of gas in a few years and be looking for help once again.
    That would be a problem for the Italian government at that point. They're an Italian company now and shouldn't be the responsibility of the American taxpayer, (shouldn't have been the first time around, if the politicians hadn't all been in bed with the unions).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That would be a problem for the Italian government at that point. They're an Italian company now and shouldn't be the responsibility of the American taxpayer, (shouldn't have been the first time around, if the politicians hadn't all been in bed with the unions).

Right. They're (at least the dems) still in bed and when those union jobs are threatened again, the pressure to do something will be there regardless of where home office is. Just wait until those VEBAs start going dry.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I just brought a 97 Cirrus back to life for a customer. Repair cost more than car was worth

I bet it will be our problem again soon enough. I say let it die. They haven't made a well engineered car in a long time

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I just brought a 97 Cirrus back to life for a customer. Repair cost more than car was worth

I bet it will be our problem again soon enough. I say let it die. They haven't made a well engineered car in a long time

I don't know... When I was out in Iowa I had to drive from Omaha's airport to LeMars, IA, about a 2.5 hour trip and I drove a Chrysler 200. I liked the car, it rode nice, was quiet and an all around nice small car IMO.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I owned a 2002 Ram pickup and it was a great truck. Just bought a new 2012 Ram in August. I'll admit it was looking for a used F150 when I bought this Ram but had no reservations about owning another Chrysler product. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I'm driving a 2004 chrysler with 160,000 miles on it. Just got back from Lynchberg, Tennessee area a few days ago with zero complaints drove 70-75mph once i got out of indiana. Wife has a 2005 mercury with 150,000 miles on it and will be going into the shop for new front struts and rear soon. Then we will take hers on vacation next year. My dad has a pt cruiser with 200,000 miles on it and is giving it to step moms oldest grand daughter. Heck I might get a ram 2500 with a cummings in it next time around. Thats if I cant find a duramax for a good price. Can't do a ford power choke.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't buy new cars or foreign cars. Looking for a Ford Edge right now...2011 or maybe a 2012...

Isn't the Ford Edge built in Ontario? What do you consider a "foreign" car? The most "american" car on the market in 2014 is only 80% American* and five of the top 10 are made by Japanese car companies (Honda and Toyota).

*percentage of the vehicle manufactured in the U.S.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    IF I were made of money, and ONLY if, I'd buy a FEW Chrysler products.

One would be a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

One would be a Chrysler 300 SRT8

One would be a Dodge Challenger SRT8

*made of money so I wouldn't really have to worry about the inevitable repair costs.

(former owner of a 1997 Concorde + driver of an early 2000s Dodge 2500 cargo van. Both had drive-line issues around 65k miles...imagine that)

-J-

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I like the news, want to see Fiat do well over here. I like my Fiat anyway, I smile non stop in my Abarth!

I've owned "American made" cars my whole life but my current two are "foreign". I think I like the foreign cars better, but really it comes down to the individual vehicle for me. I know what I want when I purchase so whoever can give me the best vehicle for the best price and not be butt ugly gets my vote! :D. I research the heck out of cars I get, I'm a Cary guy at heart even if I can't afford what I usually want...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So much for being an American car company. Now they're going to be an Italian car company, (instead of a mostly Italian car company). Bet the UAW are crapping themselves right about now. My guess is that in a few years Fiat will be making Chryslers in the South without the aid of the UAW. Maybe now Chrysler will make a car that someone actually wants to buy.

Fiat reaches $4.35 billion deal to buy rest of Chrysler | The Detroit News

Not if they are all as ugly as the Fiat 500. Ugh! Probably one of the most awful looking cars ever produced.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Every Fiat can just rust away on the lot as far as I am concerned. It doesn't matter which model.

I freely admit this is my response to the executive branch manipulating the market.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom