• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    A friend of my daughter ask about putting a chrome finish on an a Springfield XD slide and associated metal parts. Has anyone had this done to their XD? If so, where did you go for the work?

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    One negative I've heard about the nickel finishes is that you have to be careful with some cleaners. My understanding is electroplated nickel finishes can be damaged by cleaners like Hoppe's because it will attack the copper plating that is put in place for the nickel to adhere to.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    6 places that we use often for our builds depending exactly what you are looking for are the following:

PPK Firearm Restoration
    , probably the best blue guys you are going to find in the country. They do a lot of work for us, John and Sam have been smiting, refinishing, and building for well over 40 years each. 555 high buff, standard bluing, parking, or electroless nickeling, I woulndt waste my time with anyone else (plus they are pretty close)

Metalife: Mahovskysmetalife does a great job with what he offers!

Fordsgun refinishing: All hard chrome stuff goes there! 100% best there is for Chroming

Accurate Plating and Weaponry: Another great cpmapny that does a great job on all kind of finishes... lots of exotics as well!!

Diamondkote: I have not used them yet but, they are offering a service called diamondkote... looks very interesting!

Hope that helps!!

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I had a carry gun hard chromed with a brush finish. It looked very close to stainless steel and was extremely durable. The nickel plated guns I've had didn't stand up to wear nearly as well.

Top Bottom