• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    how many of our fellow gun owners have given or recieved guns for christmas? Much like Ralphie in "A CHRISTMAS STORY" I recieved A Daisey 88 for christmas when I was a boy . Not a red rider, but good enough for me. I had too much fun. A few years later my older brother and I each got H & R Topper 12 ga. We also got a box of shells to split.How to split 25 shells ? Whoever got the first rabbit/squirel got the odd shell.My mother kept the tradition going all of her grandchildren got BB guns for christmas.I was going to give my nephew a Rossi .22/20 ga. combo for christmas two years ago but a few days before christmas he back talked his teacher and got in trouble,so christmas eve I showed him and told him he couldn't have it until his behavour changed. 6 weeks later strait A's and he got the gun.This is fresh in my mind as I went shopping yesterday a new reloader for my son.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    First gun was a Rossi 62sac that I got for Christmas when I was 13. The following year I got a shotgun. Haven't gotten any guns for Christmas since then, but I can always hope!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    When my daughter was in high school she was thinking about getting into some shooting competition so I had Rock River custom build a CMP legal rifle for her. Gave it to her for Christmas. She thought it was funny that her friends were talking about the clothing or jewelery that their parents gave them. When they asked her, she said the looks on their faces was priceless when she told them her daddy got her an AR-15!

College sort of changed her plans for competitive shooting, but she sure has a great time with that Rock!

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    First gun was a Rossi 62sac that I got for Christmas when I was 13. The following year I got a shotgun. Haven't gotten any guns for Christmas since then, but I can always hope!
    Did you have the 16" carbine 62 or the long one? I got the 62 carbine when Iwas about 12 and killed darn near every small game critter under the sun with it. Greatest little gun ever still wish I had... Anyway, back to topic, I didn't get it for christmas though...

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Unfortunately, I grew up in a very anti-gun family and it remains that way today. My wife looked me straight in the eye the other day and told me not to even think of asking for anything gun related.

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    I still have the 12ga. miss the BB gun ..... I think back then dad said he paid 12 bucks for the daisey . Ilost it camping or canoeing . I am such an idiot.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    My father bought me a S&W 6904 when I was 20 (I think). I fell on some hard time and sold it. I still feel bad about it.
    I sold my dad a gun awhile back that was as new for about half of what I paid for it because I needed some money... Figured I'd buy it back at some point... And then He traded it off like a week later! So, I didn't feel too bad when I sold off a shotgun I got for my birthday awhile after that...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    In the past my wife has purchased me a Walther P99 (Christmas 2000) & Ruger Red Label (Christmas 2007). So, doesn't happen every year, but sometimes if I am a good boy.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Just Prior to the Clinton AWB my father believed All guns were in jeopardy so he purchased a Glock 22,Ruger GP100,and a Ruger single six for each of us 3 boys. At the same time I bought him a Russian SKS and a Chinese AK. My Uber liberal middle brother just about had a heart attack that Christmas!!

koenig clone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    fairmount
    got a 20 ga 870 from one year. best christmas ever. its still my best deer gun. gave my boys 22s and 410s last couple years. still makes me warm and fuzzy seein their eyes light up when they unwrapped them.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Unfortunately, I grew up in a very anti-gun family and it remains that way today. My wife looked me straight in the eye the other day and told me not to even think of asking for anything gun related.
    I can solve your problem:....Tell everyone to give you money then buy your own gun stuff!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    At Christmas time my wife and I buy or own Christmas present...This year I bought a Savage Mark II rifle. We do exchange presents...just little stuff. There has to be some sort of surprise.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I grew up in an anti gun house (just my mom and little sister). I got a Crossman pump BB gun for Christmas from my uncle on my dads side, when I was about 10. My family made me keep it at my grandparents a few miles away.
    My mom now lives alone. She stopped over a short time ago, my girlfreind was preparing to go to the store and when she threw on her paddle holster and P226(avatar pic) my mom of all people in the world starts telling me how she thinks she needs a gun around etc.
    She thought all of ours were to big but she didn't want anything to small.
    She admits that watching me has changed her mind alot.
    I have been buying guns steady since I was 18, I have been in my share of quarrels and am mildly hot headed.
    Several occasions have come up where my mom said she thought that I could have just come unglued and in her opinion.
    took out the town:draw: .. :laugh:
    The only time a gun ever came into play it was right before I moved out and it was when 2 pitbulls made their way into my neighbors yard with him and his poodles, He was able to make it into the house unharmed and call the pound but I was right there with a shotgun incase.
    Anyway bottom line..... I got her a new PK380 first edition for Christmas.
    SHHHHH...You guys and the girlfreind are the only ones who know.
    Get to spend sometime working with her and the gun as well so that will be nice.:rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    My house was very gun unfriendly as a child, but I'm starting my own tradition this year and buying myself a new gun. Won't be the only thing I buy this year for myself but by tying it to Christmas I might be able to keep it up further on down the road with the wife. Who knows.

Top Bottom