Christmas gift for my brother in Michigan??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    So my little brother lives in Michigan and he threw out the idea of home protection(finally) for Christmas. I have spent 2 hours searching and cant find a current answer to my question. My father and I would like to finance this for him but the state lines seem to be an issue. I was wondering is the easiest route to give him the money and let him buy at home? He is perfectly able and willing to pass check I just think I can make a more educated purchase than him.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As long as you go through a Michigan FFL, you can gift it to him without worry. (as long as he is proper)

But make sure you are buying the best gun for him. Preferably one he has shot personally and does well with. It would be a shame to buy him a Glock when He shoots a Sig better for instance.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    So my little brother lives in Michigan and he threw out the idea of home protection(finally) for Christmas. I have spent 2 hours searching and cant find a current answer to my question. My father and I would like to finance this for him but the state lines seem to be an issue. I was wondering is the easiest route to give him the money and let him buy at home? He is perfectly able and willing to pass check I just think I can make a more educated purchase than him.

Pay him a visit and go gun shopping with him. Three birds, one stone. Get to visit, buy him the firearm, and help him decide wisely.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You can always have something shipped to an FFL that is close to him. I like what others have posted about visiting though. Maybe hit a range where he can shoot some rental guns, or bring some of yours and let him shoot and see what he likes.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Nothing says 'I Love You" like a 12ga pump. :):
    You could always send a gift cert for his local gun store.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As long as you go through a Michigan FFL, you can gift it to him without worry. (as long as he is proper)

But make sure you are buying the best gun for him. Preferably one he has shot personally and does well with. It would be a shame to buy him a Glock [STRIKE]when He shoots a Sig better for instance[/STRIKE].

FIFY

Top Bottom