• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ramiel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    East side of Indy
    secondary market price is super inflated. table or maker price is only $385.

^speaks truth. Unfortunately for me I'm not active military or law enforcement or any service like that, and Hinderer only sells direct to those folks. Otherwise going through dealers and other individuals will get you in the $700-1000 range pretty easily. Yet they still sell out in minutes! Demand is high and supply is low thus the prices skyrocket :dunno:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    ^speaks truth. Unfortunately for me I'm not active military or law enforcement or any service like that, and Hinderer only sells direct to those folks. Otherwise going through dealers and other individuals will get you in the $700-1000 range pretty easily. Yet they still sell out in minutes! Demand is high and supply is low thus the prices skyrocket :dunno:

a few ways around this.

many vendors don't up the price, much. generally the most you find hinderers marked up at authorized dealer level is around $400. talking guys like blue line gear, true north knives, plaza cutlery, and the like. i don't believe brad is a hinderer stocking dealer, but i could be wrong. many of those dealers have a waiting list (i hate waiting lists!).

option two: buddy up to a LEO. have them order you one. very common practice for hinderers. is it scummy? i don't believe so. i have seen federal LEOs buy hinderers from rick, and flip them on ebay. i would say if you just have your pal get you one, its would be ok by me, as long as you are getting a knife for your use, and not profit.

the above is just my opinion. but i know Hinderer has and knows of people who do this all the time, and has no issues.

Top Bottom