• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I may well be in the minority here, but I had Wilson 47D mags, about a dozen of them, and I felt like I overpaid for them. They weren't bad but I'd have a few issues now and then and after using them for as long as I did, I actually ended up preferring the stock mags that came with my Springfield. I'd give CM a try. it may turn out that my gun was just finicky but it would have feed problems with the WC and not have them with everything else. Just my .02, as others have stated, they've used them and prefer them over everything else.

I bought some Wilson 47Ds from Sportsman's Guide back in the 1990s. The springs in all of them failed between being loaded and trying them at a match about two weeks later. Methinks they were cheap because they failed some quality control tests.

Same goes for some .38 Super Para-Ordnance mags I've bought from Cheaper Than Dirt. The springs were okay, but the mags were crap. My guess is that they were made in early 1994 under the pressure of the impending Omnibus Crime Act of 1994.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I bought some Wilson 47Ds from Sportsman's Guide back in the 1990s. The springs in all of them failed between being loaded and trying them at a match about two weeks later. Methinks they were cheap because they failed some quality control tests.

Same goes for some .38 Super Para-Ordnance mags I've bought from Cheaper Than Dirt. The springs were okay, but the mags were crap. My guess is that they were made in early 1994 under the pressure of the impending Omnibus Crime Act of 1994.

Not-so-good springs are a known issue with the 47D,

Top Bottom