China warship seizes American Underwater drone....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This doesn't sound like a wise statement

Has there ever been a president elect that has actively attempted to influence the foreign policy of the sitting president? Doesn't tradition dictate that he STFU until he is in office?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Has there ever been a president elect that has actively attempted to influence the foreign policy of the sitting president? Doesn't tradition dictate that he STFU until he is in office?

I don't know that I would go as far as saying he's attempting to influence the current administration's foreign policy. He made a tweet. It's not like he called Xi Jinping and initiated negotiations. As of right now, he's still a private citizen and free to say what he likes on social media. Was it a good idea? Perhaps not, but calling it an attempt to influence foreign policy is a bit of a stretch IMHO.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know that I would go as far as saying he's attempting to influence the current administration's foreign policy. He made a tweet. It's not like he called Xi Jinping and initiated negotiations. As of right now, he's still a private citizen and free to say what he likes on social media. Was it a good idea? Perhaps not, but calling it an attempt to influence foreign policy is a bit of a stretch IMHO.

Maybe he's not attempting to affect foreign policy, but he IS affecting foreign policy. Has it not dawned on him, that he's going to be president in less than a month, and can remedy whatever he perceives to be wrong with various international relationships?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe he's not attempting to affect foreign policy, but he IS affecting foreign policy. Has it not dawned on him, that he's going to be president in less than a month, and can remedy whatever he perceives to be wrong with various international relationships?

Being "Pro-Active.....:dunno:

This will be an interesting 4 years and we will have so much material to discuss.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Oh I'm quite sure he does realize that he's going to be POTUS in less than a month, but he's still free to say whatever he wants as a private citizen up until that point. Like I said, one can certainly question the wisdom of doing so.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh I'm quite sure he does realize that he's going to be POTUS in less than a month, but he's still free to say whatever he wants as a private citizen up until that point. Like I said, one can certainly question the wisdom of doing so.

We shall see if when Obama is out of office, if this belief is still observed by people if he chimes in on Trump's administration (which I personally, would disagree with).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We shall see if when Obama is out of office, if this belief is still observed by people if he chimes in on Trump's administration (which I personally, would disagree with).

I didn't take Trump's China tweet as being directed at Obama's administration. Wasn't it something along the lines of "Tell them we don't want the drone back. Let them keep it."?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    This doesn't sound like a wise statement

Why? It's nothing sensitive. China needs to be told off and this a way of doing that.

Tell them to put it back in the ocean and send it back to it's ship, then halfway there blow it out of the water. Don't take it on board, definitely don't hook it to any U.S. computer system.

I really like this idea :yesway:

A big middle finger and it's our property to do with as we please.

Top Bottom