• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    grant co must have the child support gestapo....clay county jacked my wife's stuff all up. she is getting half as much as she should becuase they f'ed the paperwork up. we have to wait another year to get it fixed becuase for some reason you can only do a petition to modify every 3 years.

in my town most problems stem from low tech employees(elderly) and high tech equipment (whatever the state wastes tax dollars on to "revolutionize" the system)

i feel for ya

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

Here's an update:

I called, it appears that the child support enforcement either never got, or lost, the paternity test.

They are contacting my lawyer (yeah, I found the money for one without having to sell any guns) and should have the paperwork by the end of the week, and I'll have a letter stating that they've canceled the citation by late this week or early next, without having to go to court or anything.

They admitted to a similar mistake on the same case, but it didn't concern me so I knew nothing about it.

It's something to stay on top of, but I believe it's mostly taken care of. Among other things, my grandfather is circling the drain and I'm out of work, so this was one more stress inducer that I didn't need. If I can get the two years of my life back that they likely took, that would be really nice.

I will say this for them however: The lady who I've dealt with throughout all this has been extremely nice. I learned today that the case had been shuffled to someone else in that office, but she dealt with me directly instead of passing the buck. I do not believe, from numerous necessary conversations, that this is an act, but rather she's one of the rare compassionate people who actually make it into state jobs like this and refuse to become jaded. I'm not easily tricked, and it's still something to watch, but she's come through on the right side every time.

I'll save the party for when the letter of dismissal actually arrives, though.

Josh <><

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Congrats on it getting worked out.

I went through the exact same thing a few years ago and it got worked out. One office had the results of tests and the other one didnt. :rolleyes:

Of course Ive been trying to get help collecting support from my ex and its taken almost 10 years.
    :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Patient Zer0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Peru/Kokomo
    I'm new here, but I'd just like to say this is crazy. You've been to court, proved the child isn't yours, and you're still being hassled. Meanwhile, my boss hasn't seen a dime in 7 years to the tune of $15,000 in back support and the ditzy woman has the nerve to contest his new wifes adoption of their daughter, whom she also hasn't seen in 7 years. Crazy.

State sponsored terrorism +100

Norm Dicks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Well, I am glad for you things seem to be getting fixed!
    Went through something kinda like that years ago, NOT FUN!

But I have to say, if the quote below means what I think it does,
    that has to be the single most classless statement I have ever heard (or read) an adult utter in my entire life.
    I am completely bewildered!
    my grandfather is circling the drain

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Norm,

The way I handle pressure is to objectify it so I can deal with the situation at hand. I allow emotion after the situation is resolved. Maybe it's not the most healthy way to do things, but I've found it's what works for me. It allows me to work efficiently and correctly, according to training, whether it be medical or in self-defense.

Besides, Grandpa is the type of person who would see that as a joke. You've heard of gallows humor, right?

The running joke with Grandpa is this: He's too stubborn to die. I mean, this is a joke between him and me. He should have been dead in 1978, one year after I was born, then again a number of years later, and he recovered to continue camping as he had all his life. He survived my grandmother's death when most men follow their women about two years after, on average.

Maybe it was a mistake to put it up on the board as most wouldn't understand that comment. But, it's part of the relationship my grandfather and I have, and have always have. See, while my parents (and most parents, I think) protect their children these days from the harsh realities of life, Grandpa has always been honest with me. I can honestly say that his lessons are the reason that I keep going when others would have given up, and why I've survived things that I should not have survived. He will teach a lesson in death same as he's taught in life.

However, though he's circling the drain, I do believe that there's a good chance that he'll fight the current. He should have died about a week ago - his bp was dropping and organs failing - then all of a sudden his bp came back up and his organs began functioning again. Now he's talking about getting out of the hospital and on with his life.

He's tough as rawhide - WWII vet who grew up on a farm during the depression and largely lived off the land. He doesn't know how to say "die," and I will not insult him by using that word, either.

Josh <><

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    But I have to say, if the quote below means what I think it does,
    that has to be the single most classless statement I have ever heard (or read) an adult utter in my entire life.
    I am completely bewildered!

did'nt figure anyone would saying that without there being a backstory. good luck on all fronts :yesway::yesway:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have received official notification that the charges have been dropped.

10/03/2008 Notice: A Disposed: Reddi RJO: N

Comes now the Title IV-D Agency and moves to dismiss the pending Affidavit For Citation. Same is now dismissed. sb.

I don't understand half this legal crap, but I take it this says I'm free and clear? "Dismissed" is a word I like to hear.

Josh <><

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I have received official notification that the charges have been dropped.

I don't understand half this legal crap, but I take it this says I'm free and clear? "Dismissed" is a word I like to hear.

Josh <><

Congrats. IV-D is the child support department. They have dismissed their case against you. It's done and you are free.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hopefully.

Been at this so long that I keep thinking they're going to decide they screwed up someplace and issue another citation.

I was somewhat paranoid about the government before; now I'm walking the line between really paranoid and tinfoil hat paranoid!

Thanks for the interpretation,

Josh <><

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    Hopefully.

Been at this so long that I keep thinking they're going to decide they screwed up someplace and issue another citation.

I was somewhat paranoid about the government before; now I'm walking the line between really paranoid and tinfoil hat paranoid!

Thanks for the interpretation,

Josh <><

Just keep all of the documentation that you put together this time, especially the paternity test. If they issue another citation, take them their documents and the paternity test from this time.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Make multiple copies, one for you, one for your attorney, one for the mother, original in safe keeping somewhere.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I'm planning on it. Copies will be stored on my computer, on a remote server, and on my person. The original is going in the fire resistant safe.

It's just the hassle that I don't want to deal with any more. It's harassment. I didn't file suit this time on advice of my attorney (a friend and damned good lawyer; he didn't think it would be worth the extra year or so for either of us) but next time, if there is a next time, I believe I will.

Thanks,

Josh <><

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    +1
    Make multiple copies, one for you, one for your attorney, one for the mother, original in safe keeping somewhere.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom