• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    That is how the left operates. We don't like your position so we will damage you finacially and over react to the situation. (Can you say Occ. Wall St?) they have to be louder and more extreme. I can say being at CFA on that Wed. that people were well behaved and waited patiently (45mins for my food to arrive) and generally had a good time. I don't agree with SSM but feel if you can deny that, then you could deny my own mairrage. I see no harm to me or mine but really dont understand the outrage and indignation from the gay communtiy and the left. It's one man's opinion and it doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. Mr. Cathy's finacial support of whatever organization is no different than people donating to BHO's campaign. Its your money, do with as you will. Don't demonize and threaten someone lively hood just because you disagree with their views.:twocents: :cool:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That is how the left operates. We don't like your position so we will damage you finacially and over react to the situation. (Can you say Occ. Wall St?) they have to be louder and more extreme. I can say being at CFA on that Wed. that people were well behaved and waited patiently (45mins for my food to arrive) and generally had a good time. I don't agree with SSM but feel if you can deny that, then you could deny my own mairrage. I see no harm to me or mine but really dont understand the outrage and indignation from the gay communtiy and the left. It's one man's opinion and it doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. Mr. Cathy's finacial support of whatever organization is no different than people donating to BHO's campaign. Its your money, do with as you will. Don't demonize and threaten someone lively hood just because you disagree with their views.:twocents: :cool:

So pro life people shouldn't boycott businesses that support abortion? Should a black man do business with a known klan member? Would you spend your money at a business with Obama signs? Consumers have every right to boycott any business they choose regardless of how silly we think their reasons are.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    My solution: End all "perks" of being married from a govt point of view. Allow the gay community to have a ceremony prior to cohabitation if they wish to do so. Let the gay community call this ceremony anything except marriage.

Critique away, I'm open minded.

I'm on board with this.

Remove government from this issue altogether and let people be free to be exclusive or inclusive through their own organizations. That's my kind of diversity.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm on board with this.

Remove government from this issue altogether and let people be free to be exclusive or inclusive through their own organizations. That's my kind of diversity.
    Unfortunately, the churches will never go for it. They're the ones who put the government in the equation to begin with and they're quite comfortable with the set up. Add in the fact that most of the perks would cost hundreds of dollars in lawyers fees and government taxes to get outside of what is already set up. It's never going to happen. It's been this way for hundreds of years and will be so for many hundred more to come.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    People have the right to boycott. Govt officials speaking on behalf of the cities they represent do not have the right to decide what businesses they will approve in their areas. That is discriminatory and retalitory in this instance. I'm all for 1st Am. rights but govt doesn't get those rights as with the individuals. They can offer their personal opinions, but official policey is out. What if everyone boycotted Chicago or San Fran? :dunno:

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Actually, you will find that I respect the property rights of others. The only OC event that I have participated in was the Starbucks appreciation day. In that instance, I was OC'ing at a business that affirmed my right to do so. I supported them with my presence and my cash.

I don't OC in places where I know firearms are not welcome. I will CC in those situations. If a company asks me to leave (or has a history of asking others to leave for carrying a firearm), I will spend my money elsewhere. I don't sit outside their business cleaning my gun or trying to make a scene because they exercised their rights. I am continually amazed at those that OC at the mall and then are upset when asked to leave.

If my side of the argument is sound and accepted by the majority, then the financial pressures will either cause a change in the business policy or they can simply ignore us and service their now limited market.

There is still the apples and oranges thing here when it comes to 2A and gay marriage comparisons. There is nothing that a gay couple cannot do that a straight couple can do (except maybe conceive a child). Cost may be different because benefits may not be the same (insurance, deductions, etc). I pay more based on my choices everyday. Insurance costs (based on age, location, life choices), where and what I choose to eat, what type of gas I use, the car I drive, or the type of gun I carry.

As for the 2A argument, the legal criteria is already established that says OC is legal (at least in Indiana). Constitutionally it is protected (at least it is supposed to be).

Being gay (or being straight) is not constitutionally protected. As I said before... If the gay community would present itself as everyday folks, looking to be accepted, instead of using the flamboyant gay pride parades, I believe more people would be accepting of the lifestyle. I understand that the flamboyant stuff is probably the minority of the gay population, but they are being judged by the actions of their radical wing.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Actually, you will find that I respect the property rights of others. The only OC event that I have participated in was the Starbucks appreciation day. In that instance, I was OC'ing at a business that affirmed my right to do so. I supported them with my presence and my cash.

I don't OC in places where I know firearms are not welcome. I will CC in those situations. If a company asks me to leave (or has a history of asking others to leave for carrying a firearm), I will spend my money elsewhere. I don't sit outside their business cleaning my gun or trying to make a scene because they exercised their rights. I am continually amazed at those that OC at the mall and then are upset when asked to leave.

If my side of the argument is sound and accepted by the majority, then the financial pressures will either cause a change in the business policy or they can simply ignore us and service their now limited market.

There is still the apples and oranges thing here when it comes to 2A and gay marriage comparisons. There is nothing that a gay couple cannot do that a straight couple can do (except maybe conceive a child). Cost may be different because benefits may not be the same (insurance, deductions, etc). I pay more based on my choices everyday. Insurance costs (based on age, location, life choices), where and what I choose to eat, what type of gas I use, the car I drive, or the type of gun I carry.

As for the 2A argument, the legal criteria is already established that says OC is legal (at least in Indiana). Constitutionally it is protected (at least it is supposed to be).

Being gay (or being straight) is not constitutionally protected. As I said before... If the gay community would present itself as everyday folks, looking to be accepted, instead of using the flamboyant gay pride parades, I believe more people would be accepting of the lifestyle. I understand that the flamboyant stuff is probably the minority of the gay population, but they are being judged by the actions of their radical wing.

There are many, many people that are gay that you'd never have a clue unless they wanted you to know. I don't understand where everyone is seeing all these gay pride parades and things that offend them so much.

If you understand that the flamboyant ones are probably in the minority but they're causing everyone else to be judged within their community...you ever stop to think that is the way many people see gun owners? They see the most radical and judge everyone else. No reason to get upset when those liberal whack jobs judge those crazy right wing nut jobs. I see it as very immature to get upset at someone else for doing something that you do as well.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Unfortunately, the churches will never go for it. They're the ones who put the government in the equation to begin with and they're quite comfortable with the set up. Add in the fact that most of the perks would cost hundreds of dollars in lawyers fees and government taxes to get outside of what is already set up. It's never going to happen. It's been this way for hundreds of years and will be so for many hundred more to come.

There already are churches that support gay marriage and others are becoming more open to it. So I respectfully disagree. That logic sounds like the same logic used to say voting third party is throwing away a vote because 3rd parties will never win.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    There already are churches that support gay marriage and others are becoming more open to it. So I respectfully disagree. That logic sounds like the same logic used to say voting third party is throwing away a vote because 3rd parties will never win.
    I wasn't referring to churches acknowledging or performing gay marriages. I was talking about churches getting behind getting the government out of the equation. The churches are the ones who got the government involved in marriage, not the other way around. There is certainly no clamor from them to get government out of marriage. They're both solidly in bed with each other and have been for centuries. It's not going to change because they have no will to change. That's just the history and facts of the matter, doesn't matter whether you agree or not.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    I agree... Don't assume that I am upset and that I don't believe they have a right to demonstrate in whatever way they feel appropriate. I was simply saying the methods they are employing (or at least seem the most visible) are generally backfiring. Their Chick-Fil-A escapade netted the company their highest sales day EVER. That extra money is now going to find it's way back to the very organizations that prompted the boycott to start with.

When the radicals are representing the 2A movement, or doing things that are detrimental to the cause, I will speak out against them as well. The reality is that the radicals do make it harder for all of us.

Again, there is more to be gained by education than intimidation. That applies to almost all causes.

There are many, many people that are gay that you'd never have a clue unless they wanted you to know. I don't understand where everyone is seeing all these gay pride parades and things that offend them so much.

If you understand that the flamboyant ones are probably in the minority but they're causing everyone else to be judged within their community...you ever stop to think that is the way many people see gun owners? They see the most radical and judge everyone else. No reason to get upset when those liberal whack jobs judge those crazy right wing nut jobs. I see it as very immature to get upset at someone else for doing something that you do as well.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I wasn't referring to churches acknowledging or performing gay marriages. I was talking about churches getting behind getting the government out of the equation. The churches are the ones who got the government involved in marriage, not the other way around. There is certainly no clamor from them to get government out of marriage. They're both solidly in bed with each other and have been for centuries. It's not going to change because they have no will to change. That's just the history and facts of the matter, doesn't matter whether you agree or not.

If you are talking about getting the government out of the equation then you are incorrect to lay that at the feet of the churches. While church bodies may have historically supported such measures being put in place, the outcry from all the married people would be the stumbling block.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Its funny how the two sides of the Chik-fil-a issue are arguing different things.

If you are pro Chik-fil-a, it's about free speech. If you are against against Chick-fil-a, it's about lobbying money directed to deny equal marriage rights. Both sides will argue their points till their blue in the face. American gridlock polarization at it's finest. Our preferred media outlets do a spectacular job of mudding the waters.

The problem as I see it is that defining legal marriage in the Christian flavor shows preference to one religion, which is at odds with the separation of church and state. If we set the precedence that laws can be defined by religion, we start to set the framework for potential religious conflicts, middle east style. The US is too big of a melting pot these days to start polarizing politics based on religion. If I wanted to live in a country run by a religious government, I'd check out Iran.

Furthermore, it is not the duty of Christians to force others into their way of thinking. They are only charged to spread the word of God and live by faith that God's will will be done regardless of what laws are passed.

1 Corinthians 5:12-13
    12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside.

The thing about marriage is that it's been defined many different ways by many different religions and cultures. Christianity does not have a monopoly on this. In fact there are multiple "definitions" of marriage in the Bible, most being arranged and the female having zero say in the matter. Our government needs to stay out of the marriage (and religion) business all together.

Live and let live.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    wow such a petty uproar from both sides of the fence. Frankly i see nothing wromg with the statements of the ceo. It was his right to say such to the baptist news group. Now, the other side reguardelss of the 2.5 or 5 million sent to such groups trying to perserve marriage as a union between a man and woman what ever. That is not hurting any gay people or their way of life. While i domt think they should be allowed the title married.. but something like civil union. With the same benifits as a married couple they so long for.
    What ever.

However i do not condone that lifestyle but i believe everyone in the usa has the right to happiness or at least the chase there of.

So who cares i wouldnt have cared if he said he disagrees with the biblical. Unit of marriage the sandwiches are tastey..

Frankly there is more important things to worry about.

Sure if people want to lock lips what ever. I could care less one way or another.. i just dont want a memeber of the same sex trying to lock lips with me.

I carry a gun openly... women can breast feed where ever.. let the homosexual male and females kiss.. whoopie..

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I really don't care, let them get married and suffer just like us married hetro's

20120803-132451.jpg

Last edited:

Gee223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    I was really hoping some hot chicks would be out front, I had my camera ready and everything. I was really looking forward to lunch and a show!

Oops, had that typed days ago and just accidentally bump posted it. Phones, meh!

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So how has business been at CfA since the 1st? Still booming? I will be driving past one tomorrow, but they are closed, so can't tell how business is. I actually like that they are closed on Sunday's.

Nice to see that some business owners stand by a principle other than money.

Top Bottom