• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Heck like other posters I have never even heard of most of them. You couldn't pay me to live in that jacked up city.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    left_3394.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well, let's see... I noticed the Sig Mosquito, the P22, and the Daisy, but what I have not seen anyone else mention is NAA:

lr.jpg

I'm guessing they're worried that someone will "accidentally" forget they have one in their pocket. :dunno:

I actually wouldn't mind having one of these with the belt buckle holster.

Blessings,
    Bill

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I didn't recognize most of those manufacturers but my guess is that they would like to limit "cheap" guns or what they call "saturday night specials." Most that live in ghettos can't afford a nice $1000+ 1911.

I didn't notice any "Kimbers" on there, LOL.

Although I did do a search for "colt" it brought up, colt ( ALL DERRINGERS ).

I really would like to know where they got this information on the list.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Perhaps the list is, in part, designed to keep affordable firearms out of the hands of some groups of residents who can't afford something more "safe."

That is it!

They don't want poor people having guns.... considering how many poor people in chicago are black, I'd take it a step further and say they don't want black folks owning guns.

Gun control is, at it's heart, racist.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    There is a similar list from one of the cities in Ohio. Cincinatti, Columbus, IDK. In that case the smaller guns like the derringers, mosquito, and p22 were banned because they were more concealable.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    That is it!

They don't want poor people having guns.... considering how many poor people in chicago are black, I'd take it a step further and say they don't want black folks owning guns.

^This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

Gun control has always been about limiting the power of undesirable populations. This is also the problem with "shall issue" states. You don't get to carry a handgun if you're not rich or well connected.

I hope Indianapolis never gets big enough to dump this kind of crap on the rest of the state like Chicago has done with Illinois.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Did anyone notice that Daisy was on the list...? Maybe it's been commented on, I didn't read every page, but Daisy? Red Rider?! I guess someone really might 'shoot their eye out'.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I agree that most al cheap guns made the list. I'm very suprised that GLOCK didn't make the list. I also noticed that most importers/makers of single action revolvers made the list. That seems odd. When is the last time a SAA was used in a crime?

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    1870, Tennessee: First "Saturday Night Special" economic handgun ban passed. In the first legislative session in which they gained control, white supremacists passed "An Act to Preserve the Peace and Prevent Homicide," which banned the sale of all handguns except the expensive "Army and Navy model handgun" which whites already owned or could afford to buy, and blacks could not. ("Gun Control: White Man's Law," William R. Tonso, Reason, December 1985) Upheld in Andrews v. State, 50 Tenn. (3 Heisk.) 165, 172 (1871) (GMU CR LJ, p. 74) "The cheap revolvers of the late 19th and early 20th centuries were referred to as 'Suicide Specials,' the 'Saturday Night Special' label not becoming widespread until reformers and politicians took up the gun control cause during the 1960s. The source of this recent concern about cheap revolvers, as their new label suggest, has much in common with the concerns of the gun-law initiators of the post-Civil War South. As B. Bruce-Briggs has written in the Public Interest, `It is difficult to escape the conclusion that the 'Saturday Night Special' is emphasized because it is cheap and being sold to a particular class of people. The name is sufficient evidence -- the reference is to 'niggertown Saturday night.'" ("Gun Control: White Man's Law," William R. Tonso, Reason, December 1985)

1879, Tennessee: Second "Saturday Night Special" economic handgun ban passed. Tennessee revamped its economic handgun ban nine years later, passing "An Act to Prevent the Sale of Pistols," which was upheld in State v. Burgoyne, 75 Tenn. 173, 174 (1881). (GMU CR LJ, p. 74)

1882, Arkansas: Third "Saturday Night Special" economic handgun ban passed. Arkansas followed Tennessee's lead by enacting a virtually identical "Saturday Night Special" law banning the sale of any pistols other than expensive "army or navy" model revolvers, which most whites had or could afford, thereby disarming blacks. Statute was upheld in Dabbs v. State, 39 Ark. 353 (1882) (GMU CR LJ, p. 74)

1893, Alabama: First all-gun economic ban passed. Alabama placed "'extremely heavy business and/or transactional taxes'" on the sale of handguns in an attempt "to put handguns out of the reach of blacks and poor whites." ("Gun Control: White Man's Law," William R. Tonso, Reason, December 1985)

1907, Texas: Fourth "Saturday Night Special" economic handgun ban. Placed "'extremely heavy business and/or transactional taxes'" on the sale of handguns in an attempt "to put handguns out of the reach of blacks and poor whites." ("Gun Control: White Man's Law," William R. Tonso, Reason, December 1985)

Thus, I add this:

2010, Illinois: IN RE: McDonald, the U.S. Supreme Court held that Chicago area-type handgun bans are unconstitutional. In response, Chicago government effect an economic firearms ban under the guise of firearm "safety". Such ordinance places more affordable firearms out of reach for those residents that lack the economic means to purchase a firearm of a more than modest price.

Perhaps the list is, in part, designed to keep affordable firearms out of the hands of some groups of residents who can't afford something more "safe."

That is it!

^This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

Gun control has always been about limiting the power of undesirable populations. This is also the problem with "shall issue" states. You don't get to carry a handgun if you're not rich or well connected.

I hope Indianapolis never gets big enough to dump this kind of crap on the rest of the state like Chicago has done with Illinois.

Gunowner930 eloquently summarized the previous posts with the statement:

Gun control has always been about limiting the power of undesirable populations.

That such prohibitions have never been of the subject of guns, rather it has always been about control over a portion of society, as defined by those in power.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Such prohibitions have never been of the subject of guns, rather it has always been about control over a portion of society, as defined by those in power.

There is much insight in this statement that many people commonly overlook.

People should apply this insight in the upcoming election. Start researching candidate stances on your civil liberties now.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I didn't notice any "Kimbers" on there, LOL.

Although I did do a search for "colt" it brought up, colt ( ALL DERRINGERS ).

I really would like to know where they got this information on the list.

Last I heard, Chicago Police had to purchase their own firearms. My guess, if this is so, the only pistols NOT included on the list are the ones CPD has deemed "acceptable" for their officers to carry.

Top Bottom