• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    The girlfriend and I are planning a trip next Friday to Wrigley Field to see the Cubs. We're taking I-65N to I-94W and would like to park outside the city and take the Subway (Redline) to the ballpark. I've spent the last few hours searching for the Subway Station on Google Maps and can't come up with anything.

For those of you that have been or are familiar with Chicago and the Subway System, what is the best route to take?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Drive to Homewood, Illinois and take the metra into Millenium station, then use CTA to get to wrigleyville.

Metra Electric (ME) Station

Google, Chicagoland Metra Electric Line. There is even a station where I work. You can take that to Millennium Station (which is the central hub) and then go just about anywhere in the city from there. You will also save a ton on parking that way!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The best way is to avoid Boystown. The Cubs are horrible and will be for at least the next 90 years. South Side is going to win several more titles before the Cubs win one.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The best way is to avoid Boystown. The Cubs are horrible and will be for at least the next 90 years. South Side is going to win several more titles before the Cubs win one.

Possibly, but the OP has a better chance of walking away without a bullet wound and with his wallet still in his pocket by going to Wrigley.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Possibly, but the OP has a better chance of walking away without a bullet wound and with his wallet still in his pocket by going to Wrigley.

The area around the Cell isn't THAT bad and I'd rather take a bullet and be missing my wallet from my back pocket rather than having something extra added to between my back pockets.

Honestly, I've been to a couple cross town games at Wrigley, not a horrible stadium and the neighborhoods surrounding aren't bad. Be a great place to watch a game if the team that calls it home was decent (they'll take a nose dive before too long).

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    OK, How does this sound?

I-65 North to I-94 West,

I-94 Merges into I-294 / I-80 (Tri-State Tollway)

Take Highway (1) North Exit to E. 155th Street (Turn Left)

Park at Harvey Station

Take Harvey Metra to Millennium Station (Downtown Chicago)

Proceed West to the Red Line (Approximately 2 blocks)

Take Red Line towards Wrigley Field

Get off at Addison Red Metro Station

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I wouldn't leave my car at the Harvey Station.

I would leave it at Homewood, Flossmoor, or Olympia Fields.

Harvey, Illinois (IL 60426) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, news, sex offenders

I'd check that site to check out any town or area that I planned on visiting.

AGREED.

Homewood/Flossmoor is a very safe, upscale area. Park at one of these areas.

Harvey is a lower middle class/lower class moderately high crime area. Do not park here!

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I wouldn't drive TO harvey, let alone leave a vehicle there or take someone I cared about through the area - and heck, i grew up in Chicago Heights.

Go to Homewood, Flossmoor or Olympia Fields as suggested. It's only a few minutes longer on the train. Remember - no street traffic to contend with and a straight shot.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    The girlfriend and I are planning a trip next Friday to Wrigley Field to see the Cubs. We're taking I-65N to I-94W and would like to park outside the city and take the Subway (Redline) to the ballpark. I've spent the last few hours searching for the Subway Station on Google Maps and can't come up with anything.

For those of you that have been or are familiar with Chicago and the Subway System, what is the best route to take?

The only Subway I know of in Chicago sells sandwiches......:rockwoot:

Sorry couldn't resist. Have fun. Wrigley is THE GREATEST place to have a beer and a hot dog.

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    A buddy of mine and me go up for a few games every year. It doesn't bother me driving the whole time up to the field, but the past few years we have taken the trains. We drive up to the East Chicago South Shore Line Station. Jump on the train and take it to the Van Buren Station. Once you get off at Van Buren, walk to the Jackson Station (about two blocks from Van Buren) and then jump on the Jackson Red Line all the way to Addison.

By far the easiest trip you can make to the field. Also, we have never had a problem at any of the stations, including the East Chicago one. If you don't feel comfortable parking there, you could always park at Ogden Dunes or the Dunes State Park station. Both have adequate parking and are well lit.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Why not go to Hammond or East Chicago South Shore, and take that to Millennium Station? This way you can have your firearm with you the whole time, and then secure it in the car while you're gone (I would say the trunk). You are never even entering IL with your gun.

And yes, both these stations are very secure. My fiance uses the Hammond station daily and has never had a problem (knock on wood), and has even left the car there for a couple days.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy

You already said it, the redline, it runs straight through the center of Chicago from north to south. Get a CTA card at any CTA stop, they are distributed via pop machine looking vending machines. Get two cards one for you, one for her, (put $10 on each, unless your gonna do a lot of on and offs) then get on. The El is very user friendly, look at the maps, talk to attendants they are usually very helpful. As far as going to wrigley get off at the Addison st stop, its right there. You won't miss it, eveyone else will be going there too. Get lunch or dinner at Goose Island or John Barleycorns.

Top Bottom