Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would bet that most people do not even realize that they can now apply for a license. Plus the cost is pretty high, which will keep a lot of people from being able to apply.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Just proves that all the folks with common sense had the, erm, common sense to leave Chitown years ago. The remainder are happy living on the police-state plantation, with Uncle Rahm to look out for them...

One commenter stated that staying out of Chicago will keep you safer than living there with your CCW. That's about right!

The cost of the application is pretty blatantly aimed at the poor. Keep them either disarmed, or illegally armed, and then scream when they're arrested for carrying without a permit.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    “But in Cook County, when we did polling, people don’t want concealed-carry,” she said. “The majority of voters weren’t in support of it. It goes to what we knew all along. It’s not on the top of the list. They don’t think carrying a gun will make them safer.”

Really? What poll? Where can I look at the numbers for myself? Who did you call? According to Phelps and people I know in Chicago they're still waiting to see how it pans out. Chicago will still find a way to make it illegal, so why would they waste their money and open themselves for a visit from the Po-Po? State your friggin' source - what poll? Who did you call? What questions did you ask?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    By contrast, Lake County - borders Cook County to the south - is one of the highest in population AND in % applications...why is that? Why is Chicago so different than Lake county?

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Hell, Chicagoans probably figure that since they can't carry on busses, trains, inside the stations of such, and in all the other areas they're most likely to NEED the gun, then why even waste the money to get the permit. Most of them would just have to leave the gun at home due to all the damn restrictions, so it's pointless for them to even have a permit to carry it.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    good lord read some of the comments. I honestly cannot believe how ignorant some people are. I mean, I was taught about outliers in statistics, but dang...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    From this article we know:

1. Our enemy is provincial. They know nothing outside their bubble. They do not travel and are intellectually lazy and not well-read.

2. Our enemy does not understand math.

3. Our enemy does not understand economics about how government creates barriers to entry and how it impacts human action.

4. Our enemy is completely ignorant about firearms.

Know yourself and know your enemy and we shall will 10,000 battles.

Sun Zi, paraphrased.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would bet that most people do not even realize that they can now apply for a license. Plus the cost is pretty high, which will keep a lot of people from being able to apply.

Illinois Concealed Carry Permit Information

The cost for a resident is $150, non-resident is $300.

16 hours of training also required - probably a couple hundred bucks. Think the cost factors in for the poor urbanites?

Probably no more than the 16 hours of training that you may have to travel hours away to get.

Hell, Chicagoans probably figure that since they can't carry on busses, trains, inside the stations of such, and in all the other areas they're most likely to NEED the gun, then why even waste the money to get the permit. Most of them would just have to leave the gun at home due to all the damn restrictions, so it's pointless for them to even have a permit to carry it.

To me, it all adds up as discrimination against the poor.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    To me, it all adds up as discrimination against the poor.

Totally agree, the poor can't afford those prices. But at those prices, there's a lot of folks making good money who would feel priced out as well. I would think prices in that range are unreasonable, and as such, an infringement.

Top Bottom