Chicago Police Superintendent warns Officers will shoot CC'ers!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    After having lived in Chicago, Evanston and Hillsboro, I can easily say I am not going to go back there. Ever. I'm just happy I lived through the experience, unarmed.

So I guess I am safe at least from the CPD's Kill Squads.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Dupe:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ntendent-warns-officers-will-shoot-ccers.html

As I said in the other thread:

What he said was:
    but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire

This is pretty common sense. Turn around while pointing a firearm and you're likely to get shot. Its how undercover/plain clothes cops get shot, for that matter. Its why we now train that the uniformed officer is in charge until you are verified. Turning around a pointing a gun at someone so you can say "I'm a cop" or "I'm a licensed handgun license holder" or whatever equals bad idea.

More looking for something to be offended by.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Dupe:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ntendent-warns-officers-will-shoot-ccers.html

What he said was:
    but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire

This is pretty common sense. Turn around while pointing a firearm and you're likely to get shot. Its how undercover/plain clothes cops get shot, for that matter. Its why we now train that the uniformed officer is in charge until you are verified. Turning around a pointing a gun at someone so you can say "I'm a cop" or "I'm a licensed handgun license holder" or whatever equals bad idea.

God forbid you be the voice of reason (again)!. They're wantin' 'em a good ol' lynchin'.

(Unfortunately, I gotta spread some rep around before I hit you again.)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Dupe:

What he said was:

^ /thread!

On the NWI INGO Unoffical thread we were having this discussion as well and I kept getting bashed for siding with the quote. Members just read the title and were :ar15: away. :faint:

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    He can shoot people all he wants. Chicago will blow up if that starts happening. They won't actually do it, or they would have so much trouble coming their way. He can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Dupe:

What he said was:

His statement makes no sense. It is premised upon a person having a firearm in their hand. Then it switches to "return fire". There is nothing about pointing it and apparently he can't figure out the distinction between dealing with a person holding a gun and a person shooting at you.

Either way, it is a legally erroneous statement and opens the city up to potential liability. The standard for use of force by an officer goes way beyond that a person is merely armed.

Best,

Joe

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Joe, we know what he is communicating. It is a threat, a heckler's veto of a constitutional right. McStreetlights is attempting to intimidate residents of Illinois from exercising their civil rights.

Why the press is not asking the USANDIL about this I do not understand.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This bringing Ill into the fold of "allowing" their citizens to carry firearms is a bitter pill for folks like this to swallow. I'm not sure why he felt compelled to make this statement unless it was some sort of scare tactic or irrational lash-out towards all those future law-abiding, responsible gun owners.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Joe, we know what he is communicating. It is a threat, a heckler's veto of a constitutional right. McStreetlights is attempting to intimidate residents of Illinois from exercising their civil rights.

Why the press is not asking the USANDIL about this I do not understand.

Oh I know; it is almost exactly the same thing that the ISP did during the passage of SB1. Still waiting on the bloodbath and carnage that was supposed to wash over all Indiana LEO's after that one.... Waiting.... Waiting...

Best,

Joe

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    "The Chicago Police shot my pa, and he wasn't even armed" - Bullseye

TargetDog2_zps73841d39.jpg

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Wow, once again the headline really fails to encompass the story.

What he said was:

You miss the point. How many times do CC'ers turn towards a cop with a gun in their hand huh????

jonlong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    United States
    Playing devils advocate here, but I think that the quote is a little misinterpreted. While his stance is clearly anti gun, he's not saying the officers will just shoot concealed carry holders. He's saying that the officers will continue to react as they have; if someone presents a gun and the officer feels threatened, they will shoot. The fact that people may now legally have a firearm doesn't change that. As such, citizens of a state that has not had a legal carry option need to be wary of the limits of a concealed carry license. If I get out of my car in Indiana with a gun drawn toward an officer, I'm probably going to get shot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom