CHIcago murders worse than Capone era, getting attention finally!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Just saying, I'd vote for you for an office. I wish the NRA had taken that kind of stance instead of deflecting the attention to video games. Facts support a return of firearms and an attempt at bringing society back. It's unfortunate that the cost of living today is such that it takes both parents working full time to make ends meet for some. I'd rather have the support of my family and neighbors then rely on 911

Thanks, but I find little pleasure in telling others how to run their lives.

I'd make a very poor legislator - I would try to eliminate property tax and State income tax and reduce sales tax back down to a nickel or four cents per dollar, try to repeal NFA/GCA/HughesFOPA86, and to try to pass a whole bunch of State supremacy re-affirmation legislation.

I wouldn't cater to special interests, industry/organized monopolies, union thugs/organized labor, wouldn't give special breaks to anyone, and would generally try to make this State a freer, more sovereign place. No way they'd vote me or keep me. I would not run if nominated and would not serve if elected. Call me a coward, but I also don't feel like dropping dead at 40 or 45 cause some welfare queen was mad about not being able to have their food stamps extended or some liberal who insists that government has power it doesn't have. No, I'd rather work at the grassroots and write our legislators. I would never want to be one of them. Politician, to me, is generally a worse title than any four-letter word.

(The rare exception being an Amash or Paul or Huelskamp or Cruz or Gohmert, but you don't find too many of those anymore, hence why you have to list them by name, and even then, they still don't get everything right, just most or more things right than most others.)

I'd rather belong to the Fourth Estate and speak truth to power, than to be in power.

:ingo:

Also very sick of NRA et. al. blaming video games and mental health and trying to make end-runs around the Constitution. Seems like people will blame everything and everyone except the person responsible. They'll blame the pills he was on, the video games he played, his tendencies for violence, his upbringing, his social class, his popularity status, any one of a thousand things that isn't truly responsible. No one, it seems, is willing or able to call it like it is: that anyone who would offensively kill other human beings is evil and solely responsible for his actions. We didn't blame the parents of Columbine or the victims or the weapons used at Columbine. We blamed the killers. At least, I did, and do. When does personal responsibility become a factor in this equation?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Just saying, I'd vote for you for an office. I wish the NRA had taken that kind of stance instead of deflecting the attention to video games. Facts support a return of firearms and an attempt at bringing society back. It's unfortunate that the cost of living today is such that it takes both parents working full time to make ends meet for some. I'd rather have the support of my family and neighbors then rely on 911

I can't say that I'd vote for him for an office. I wouldn't vote for me. From what I've read of his posts, we share similar lines of thought on more than a handful of topics (he is much more tactful about 99.9999% of the time though).

GunGunDin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Dude. Chicago sucks. It is the wild west and only the bad guys have guns.
    This just in CPD no longer going to respond to garage breakins/property.
    You can still go down to the station and make a report. :(

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    The people committing these crimes are democrat voters, there is no way they will clean this up, they need gangs, they need welfare, they need the poor and helpless to stay poor and helpless to keep the votes coming in. Nothing will be done until the democrat party is defeated for good, which obviously it is growing, we say this the last election, even with all the bad stuff there are now enough people who will vote for a president based on the color of his skin and the promises of money, while they remain broke and lazy, they will still vote democrat because the blame is all on the republicans, and they do nothing about it. it'll never end until there is a revolution, too bad there is no place left to go.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    It is routinely pointed out its more dangerous to live in Chicago than to be in combat in Afghanistan.

There is a very simple reason for this - there is a war going on in certain areas of Chicago. It is called the drug war. Similar to prohibition on alcohol in the 1920s, the prohibition on drugs has made it lucrative to sell them illegally. These drug gangs are armed soldiers with little direction, poor education and inferiority complexes.

End the war on drugs and the murder rate would drop precipitously. No need for gun control.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    There is a very simple reason for this - there is a war going on in certain areas of Chicago. It is called the drug war. Similar to prohibition on alcohol in the 1920s, the prohibition on drugs has made it lucrative to sell them illegally. These drug gangs are armed soldiers with little direction, poor education and inferiority complexes.

End the war on drugs and the murder rate would drop precipitously. No need for gun control.

That sure is true. It is more important they end the prohibition than anything else, if they were really interested in reducing crime. Secondly, good people need to be able to defend themselves.

I know, I know, more guns and more drugs don't mix. But, if drugs were legal and regulated from the drugs store, then you'd know who was on serious drugs, and can prevent them from buying weapons (as if they'd waste their precious money on a gun). You old timers have to face that alcohol is about the most intense intoxicant out there (as far as impairment and decision making), and it is already legal, and we don't have drunks shooting each other all the time. Heck, alcohol is even a social drug, and asides from Ecstasy, most other drugs would make one prone to stay at home, which is actually far safer than alcohol.

Just like in Capone's time, all the gangs are thriving on income from banned goods. Just like the Mexican cartels, who probably have direct supply chains to Chicago, prohibition has made them rich and powerful! If we simply legalize pot then we could eliminate more more than half their income, reduce gang numbers by half, reduce crime by half and eliminate pot as a "gateway drug" (it is only a gateway drug if you have to buy from a dealer who offers you harder stuff!), and this would be a phenomenal improvement...newsflash old timers and hard core Christian fundamentalists...anyone that wants to is smoking pot already, even though it is illegal, and you can never stop them.

Last edited:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    David Axelrod Attributes Chicago Murder Rate to Lax Gun-Control Laws in ‘Surrounding Areas’
    “We live in Chicago, and one of the reasons we have such a huge problem in this city is that all around us are areas with weak laws and with very lax background checks and a lot of illegal guns flow into this city,” Axelrod told MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough. “Every law enforcement official will tell you that.”

David Axelrod Attributes Chicago Murder Rate to Lax Gun-Control Laws in ‘Surrounding Areas’ - By Eliana Johnson - The Corner - National Review Online

This would make sense, IF the surrounding areas had as high or higher crime rate than Chicago.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

I agree you cant regulate peoples behavior. But the war on drugs means big money for both sides. Therefore neither wants to see drugs now illegal to be made legal.

Last edited:

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    I'm surprised they even let CPD carry guns. Maybe if they get rid of their guns the criminals will follow by example. :dunno:

The most dangerous place in America is a gun free zone. :patriot::draw:

bsnyder413

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Hammond
    now that they arent reponding to crimes of a non violent nature where the suspect is no longer there i expect these crimes may turn more violent. the cpd isnt going to get to you, carry and take your chances

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Approx 75% of all black babies are born to single mothers. No fathers in their lives, in a terrible environment, with no jobs available, no education because they dropped out, which basically turns them into surviving animals with no conscience or moral compass.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Approx 75% of all black babies are born to single mothers. No fathers in their lives, in a terrible environment, with no jobs available, no education because they dropped out, which basically turns them into surviving animals with no conscience or moral compass.
    It's pretty much the culture of the inner city at this point.

Top Bottom