• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the comments under the article are scarry!!! people in chicago have lost their minds.

for a cop and a soldier he didnt have much common sense. who in there right mind (in CHICAGO at 11PM, in the HOOD) for one even goes outside, and two, WHO tries to go by themselves and stop a GROUP of thugs from taking your bike??? HELLO!!!!! Life is not a clint eastwood movie!!! not very wise spur of the moment thinking. i would expect him to have used his military training at least. he didnt deserve to die, but he helped it along for sure. PROPERTY CAN BE REPLACED!!!! your life cant.

the sheep are ready for the national guard now. UN-FLIPPIN BELIEVABLE!!!!!

ATTENTION RESIDENTS OF CHICAGO: your dumb aces!!!!!

Last edited:

MacMan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Wow! My prayers go out the family. Im glad the father was able to get a couple of the bad guys.

Dailey the Dumb A$$ again not making any sense, if criminals were going to abide by the law THEY WOULDN'T BE CRIMINALS!

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    "Daley said, "If I put this up your butt, you'll find out how effective it is. Let me put a round up your, you know."

Funny to hear the Mayor's comment but the topic couldn't have been more serious.

The death of a Chicago police officer sparked the Mayor's speech. Also, next month the Supreme Court could put an end to Chicago's nearly three decade long gun ban.

Some suspect the ban reduces gun violence by 30% which is why Mayor Daley hopes the Justices don't overturn it. He says, "but in today's national climate we have to plan for the worst."

If overturned, the Mayor is considering other restrictions like proposing that registered gun owners take training courses and register firearms. Also, allowing police to perform ballistics tests and requiring that gun owners purchase liability insurance.

It is too early to tell exactly how he'll handle it but the possibilities are already being talked about. "

Chicago Gun Ban: Daley talks about city's gun ban and upcoming ruling - WGN

The man is an idiot.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    the comments under the article are scarry!!! people in chicago have lost their minds.

for a cop and a soldier he didnt have much common sense. who in there right mind (in CHICAGO at 11PM, in the HOOD) for one even goes outside, and two, WHO tries to go by themselves and stop a GROUP of thugs from taking your bike???

He didn't go outside to stop them, he was getting on his bike to leave when they tried to jack him.

And for the most part the comments aren't any scarier then what you'd see in the newspapers in IN. Heck some of them are pretty good.

The more armed and trained the robbery victims are, the better chance the robber ends up dead. Surprise, you're trying to rob a cop and a former cop. Surprise, 2 out of 3 of you got shot up trying to steal a motorcycle and one of you is dead. Hope they catch the guy that got away so they can hook him up to old smokey and hopefully the guy in the hospital saves us all the trouble.
    If this isn't proof that law abiding citizens of Illinois need to be armed, I don't know what is
    A huge reason that the thugs have taken over neighborhoods in Chicago is that they know that communities can't defend themselves. Thugs will always get guns. Mayor Daley's refusal to allow law-abiding Chicagoans to arm themselves in self-defense shows his callous disregard for the lives of the people.
    I can agree with those. Although the ones calling for the national guard were a bit.....

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I have an ex Chicago cop for a customer. He still has an inside track. I was told yesterday that Daley fully expects to lose the Supreme Court case, so he has already started a contingency plan. Handgun registration will be reopened at an outrageously high fee, and in order to register a handgun you will have to show proof of one million dollars of personal liability insurance. We will see where this goes.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    My uncle in the north suburbs forwarded me this story yesterday. My first reaction was that if the odds hadn't been tilted for so long -- i.e., armed robbers knowing their victims can't shoot back, short of the long shot of encountering an off-duty cop -- maybe the gangs wouldn't have taken such a stronghold, even in neighborhoods like this where the homeowners don't want them.

But yes, Mayor Daley. Your gun-control laws worked flawlessly. Sure kept 'em out of the bad guys' hands here, didn't they?

Idiot.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    He didn't go outside to stop them, he was getting on his bike to leave when they tried to jack him.

And for the most part the comments aren't any scarier then what you'd see in the newspapers in IN. Heck some of them are pretty good.

I can agree with those. Although the ones calling for the national guard were a bit.....
    Yes, I can agree with that, My N.G. unit has been mobilized, at least twice, and we outperformed, other units, including, the Reserve, and Active Duty units...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I have an ex Chicago cop for a customer. He still has an inside track. I was told yesterday that Daley fully expects to lose the Supreme Court case, so he has already started a contingency plan. Handgun registration will be reopened at an outrageously high fee, and in order to register a handgun you will have to show proof of one million dollars of personal liability insurance. We will see where this goes.

I would expect this strategy to fall flat on its' face when the courts get hold of it. This is beyond reasonable and will be seen as a defacto ban. It'll probably take a few years but will ultimately be defeated. It's amazing how afraid of the people politicians like Daley really are, this is nothing more than attempt to maintain his grip around the peoples throats. I'm hoping the the people of Illinois, seeing the freedoms they have given away when they look at other states, will realize the mess they've placed themselves in and rise to the occassion.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I would expect this strategy to fall flat on its' face when the courts get hold of it. This is beyond reasonable and will be seen as a defacto ban. It'll probably take a few years but will ultimately be defeated. It's amazing how afraid of the people politicians like Daley really are, this is nothing more than attempt to maintain his grip around the peoples throats. I'm hoping the the people of Illinois, seeing the freedoms they have given away when they look at other states, will realize the mess they've placed themselves in and rise to the occassion.

Well the current defacto ban is unreasonable, and has been in place since 1972. The only reason it is being challenged now is because of the DC court case and subsequent supreme court ruling. We will have to see if anyone has the courage to challenge this new law if and when it goes into effect.

Last edited:

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010

for a cop and a soldier he didnt have much common sense. who in there right mind (in CHICAGO at 11PM, in the HOOD) for one even goes outside, and two, WHO tries to go by themselves and stop a GROUP of thugs from taking your bike??? HELLO!!!!! Life is not a clint eastwood movie!!! not very wise spur of the moment thinking. i would expect him to have used his military training at least. he didnt deserve to die, but he helped it along for sure. PROPERTY CAN BE REPLACED!!!! your life cant.

the sheep are ready for the national guard now. UN-FLIPPIN BELIEVABLE!!!!!

ATTENTION RESIDENTS OF CHICAGO: your dumb aces!!!!!
    i agree, to a point,,,,this man grew up in the so called hood your talking about..his parents still live there..his freinds are still there i imagine also....scum came to his hood...and maybe the smart thing would of been to give up your stuff..and walk away with your tail between your legs...but theres a old saying..gotta stand for something or you fall for anything....guess he thought he would make a stand...guess his father was standing with him...in the end..a hero died making a stand...this country has a long history of heros making a stand....and dying while they do it..thank god for heros...thank god they have all drawn a line in the sand..and said this is where i stand..we are all going to die some day...some hope for a peacefull departure....some in a blaze of glory...this man was a hero...just like his dad..:patriot:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    i agree, to a point,,,,this man grew up in the so called hood your talking about..his parents still live there..his freinds are still there i imagine also....scum came to his hood...and maybe the smart thing would of been to give up your stuff..and walk away with your tail between your legs...but theres a old saying..gotta stand for something or you fall for anything....guess he thought he would make a stand...guess his father was standing with him...in the end..a hero died making a stand...this country has a long history of heros making a stand....and dying while they do it..thank god for heros...thank god they have all drawn a line in the sand..and said this is where i stand..we are all going to die some day...some hope for a peacefull departure....some in a blaze of glory...this man was a hero...just like his dad..:patriot:

Yes! :+1: :patriot:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

you use the term "hero" here like its nothing. was he realy a hero for trying to save his bike that could have been replaced? believe me Sir, I have and will stand for important things and gladly risk my life to do so for things like: the honor of a woman, an innocent persons life, my family, my country, the innocence of a child, etc, but NO SIR, i will NOT risk my life for property that can be replaced unless i have no choice because my life is in danger also. there is no shame in knowing when the right times to "tuck your tail and run away" are. Thats just being smart!!!! life isnt like the movies or video games! theres no reset button or rewind or alternative ending..... its one second your breathing and the next second your insides are all over the ground and your dead, its cold harsh and true.
    if i dont have to die, im not going too. but that FOR SURE doesnt mean i cant be a bad mother eFFer if i have to be and kick some azz!!!!
    he was a soldier (very honorable and selfless to be a soldier), he was a police officer (again, honorable and selfless), but when he was shot he wasnt on duty for either the police, or the military. i feel that when we throw around the word "hero" just because someone dies or is murdered in daily life, that we discrace true hero's memories.

So what do i think he was? A GOOD, INNOCENT, MAN, who DIDNT deserve to die REGARDLESS if he made a mistake or didnt. sure he will get full police and military honors, because he did serve, and deserves it. but no, in my opinion he isnt a "hero". flame away, i dont care. thats my :twocents:

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    you use the term "hero" here like its nothing. was he realy a hero for trying to save his bike that could have been replaced? believe me Sir, I have and will stand for important things and gladly risk my life to do so for things like: the honor of a woman, an innocent persons life, my family, my country, the innocence of a child, etc, but NO SIR, i will NOT risk my life for property that can be replaced unless i have no choice because my life is in danger also. there is no shame in knowing when the right times to "tuck your tail and run away" are. Thats just being smart!!!! life isnt like the movies. if i dont have to die, im not going too. but that FOR SURE doesnt mean i cant be a bad mother eFFer if i have to be and kick some azz!!!!
    he was a soldier (very honorable and selfless to be a soldier), he was a police officer (again, honorable and selfless), but when he was shot he wasnt on duty for either the police, or the military. i feel that when we throw around the word "hero" just because someone dies or is murdered in daily life, that we discrace true hero's memories.

So what do i think he was? A GOOD, INNOCENT, MAN, who DIDNT deserve to die REGARDLESS if he made a mistake or didnt. sure he will get full police and military honors, because he did serve, and deserves it. but no, in my opinion he isnt a "hero". flame away, i dont care. thats my :twocents:
    and you make a great point,,,but i stand by my comments,,,,today its your bike....tomorrow..maybe something more important...where do you start..and where do you end...he was defending his hood,,,not eveyone has a heros heart...those ppl will never understand..this man went to a far away place and fought for their stuff...and he came home and fought for his...i stand by my use of the word hero...and you my freind can stand by yours:twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    and you make a great point,,,but i stand by my comments,,,,today its your bike....tomorrow..maybe something more important...where do you start..and where do you end...he was defending his hood,,,not eveyone has a heros heart...those ppl will never understand..this man went to a far away place and fought for their stuff...and he came home and fought for his...i stand by my use of the word hero...and you my freind can stand by yours:twocents:

please be assured im not discounting his service to our country, or to his city. i respect your opinion and thank you for respecting mine. either way, we both do agree that his murder is a tradjedy, and the world has lost another fighter for freedom.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Even if he's not quite a hero (valid points, E5), he's certainly a martyr of sorts. Both are worthy of respect, though for different reasons.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    hero or not he shouldn't have died, but neither shouldn't have all those kids and other innocent people. defending you stuff or just wrong place wrong time, it doesn't matter. what matters is the crap hole of earth chicago is and is evolving more into. gun bans don't work, and every expert can factually point to that in the statistics. what the midget(daly) never comments about is the lower class, minority demographic that ruins his city and is ruining my town and others around us. instead of always pointing the finger at guns, why not call a spade a spade(no pun intended) and talk about the rampant drug problems, lack of education and gang supremacy chicago deals with. everyone needs a scapegoat and daly has his hatred of guns to always hide behind. never mind the garbage that pollute the streets of chicago, north and south sides alike. for once i would love to hear a chicago politician blame themselves and hold the citizens accountable rather that hide behind a stigma. when i'm president i'm gonna put a big fence up and leave pallets of guns in the streets. when they've all killed each other, start from scratch. of course after all the "good" people have been taken out.

for those of you i have offended fire away, but please be advised i don't give sh!#. JEFF

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

They have lost their minds because they, and many prior generations, have never had to live the rough life. For most humans in the US, life has been easy for decades. No more cutting firewood for heat (survival) and cooking. Now we flip a switch, and we are instantly taken care of. Same with conflicts between humans. Most of the poor criminal class don't attack the middle and upper class haves. I think this is changing, as the criminal/ghetto class is growing, with single women having multiple babies with no dads around. All the while, most of the working, educated, productive couples I know are limiting themselves to two kids. It is all they can afford and still live a good, comfortable life. How are their kids going to be able to afford to feed themselves, their future children, and the multiple kids we are seeing poor and lower income teens and women have year after year?

I would say that we are now in the third world stages with our poor/ghetto areas in most of the larger urban centers of this country. It has gotten almost as bad as war torn places we used to hear about overseas. The hip-hop, thug life, gangsta culture has totally taken over lots of younger kids in these areas. Their morals and values are in the gutter, and they have no respect for life. No one really cares so long as they kill and maim each other, but as soon as they start attacking those urban elite and suburban dwellers, things will change.

The problem is that half those urban elites and suburban dwellers are liberals who think government should be providing 100% of their safety. So when it appears that the status quo isn't working (in this case, a police department), they call for more drastic measures such as the Nat'l Guard. People in Chicago don't know what to do. They likely don't even understand the concept of personal self-defense. Here is a recent case which is why some are likely calling for the military to go to the ghetto:

2 Charged In Brutal Bucktown Beating, Robbery; Natasha McShane, Stacy Jurich Attacked In Bucktown - cbs2chicago.com

This is a case where two young women, both working hard and just starting their adult life, were brutally attacked by a savage. This animal just wanted to rob them, so he decided the only way to get stuff that wasn't his was to beat these women with a baseball bat to a point where they were hospitalized with serious injuries. The more these things happen, the more the sheep wake up and realize what has become of this country.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The thing that gets me about stories like this is that the antis want to use them to whittle away at our constitutional rights and the sheep are walking single-file into the slaughter house. You would think that sooner or later they would stop and look just south of us at Mexico. Here is a country where it is illegal for the populace to own firearms and look how out of control it is down there! Where is the safety that is implied by the antis when guns are not in the hands of the general population? Mexico is more like our old west than the old west was, quite probably because the old west wasn't composed of a disarmed population.

The notion of less guns equal more safety is a pathetic joke at the very least! How difficult is this concept to grasp?:dunno:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wish I could rep this guy who commented on the story
    A woman screaming "That's my baby, that's my baby" ... you should have taught your baby the difference between right and wrong. Did it ever occur to your baby to get a job, save his money and buy his own bike?

my heart goes out to the family of the officer, especially to the father who saw his son murdered.

Top Bottom