• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Then why don't they vote out the Democrats like Rolm Emanuel?

Because Southern Illinois does not vote in the election of the Mayor of Chicago.

It is Rahm Emanuel, aka The Escapee from the Back of the Phone Book, aka Tiny Dancer. With Rahm in office, somewhere a phone book is missing its back cover.

But they may not carry the gun to protect themselves, only use it to protect their home. How is this constitutional? Is my understanding wrong?

It is not constitutional. Even though there is dicta in Heller and McDonald involving carrying this was not the issue before the Court in those decisions.

Until the Supreme Court makes them recognize the right to carry arms, Chicago will not give in. This is exactly what we want.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Illinois is indeed, a PITA. I drove out to Kansas City last week on bidness. Stopped at exit 1 on I-70 in Indiana. Took my gun and holster off. Unloaded the gun. Put it in it's own case and locked it in the back of the vehicle. Drove into Missouri. Stopped and reversed the process. It was fun.

Illinois is one sad ass state. I feel sorry for the people.

You too huh? I do the exact same thing when I go to Missouri which is about once every 3 months.

Illinois is one of my states which sucks nuts. I hate the weeks I travel there. And of course Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota are on my list as well so it becomes a decision of, deal with the TSA to avoid the slave state of Illinois or drive through the PITA and hope I don't end up on a YouTube video on INGO.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    You too huh? I do the exact same thing when I go to Missouri which is about once every 3 months.

Illinois is one of my states which sucks nuts. I hate the weeks I travel there. And of course Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota are on my list as well so it becomes a decision of, deal with the TSA to avoid the slave state of Illinois or drive through the PITA and hope I don't end up on a YouTube video on INGO.

I gave TSA an opportunity when I flew back. Unloaded the CZ. Took the rounds out of the mags and put them in a divided ammo box. Locked the CZ and mags in a box with my own, non TSA lock. Declared it at check in, showed the agent it was unloaded, signed a form that it was unloaded, stuck in my checked bag and that was it. No muss, no fuss. Other than my bag getting lost for several hours...

Sorry for the jack.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Living in IL, this pisses me off beyond belief. Its not only Chicago though... its the whole damn state.

It's basically Chicago/Cook County that keeps the state from having a pistol-carry statute at the state government level. If left to themselves, the rest of the state would probably approve it.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    You can always convert :)

Be Cheese head or a Hoosier....er..... [strike]Michiganite[/strike] Michigander ? :)

FTFY.;)

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I know several firearms enthusiasts who live in the Chicago area...They ignore these intrusive laws as is their Constitutional right.I have a feeling that local area police departments are smart enough to not try to invade and collect their handguns.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It is BS that they have to be sued again, and waste all of those tax dollars in court, when the Supreme Court already made a definitive ruling, and doesn't have the authority or will to enforce it.

Democrat ideas are like a sickness. They spread like a disease to the uneducated and poor, of which big cities like Chicago have a lot of. How do you stop a disease from spreading?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I knew by the time I got to the end of the thread one of the cops would have posted trying to p*** people off. :rolleyes:

Calm down Sarge, there's purple in that post. Tongue in Cheek, nothing more. I think Chicago's laws are stupid, and that everybody should be able to carry there.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Calm down Sarge, there's purple in that post. Tongue in Cheek, nothing more. I think Chicago's laws are stupid, and that everybody should be able to carry there.

Not to mention to be damned discriminatory. The elite are permitted to carry.

Since 1872 in Illinois: Every Alderman; Village Trustee; Mayor; Village President; Trustee of a Park District; etc; is considered a Conservator of the Peace and need only register their weapon.

There are no training requirements like LE. There are no permit requirements. There are no proficiency requirement.

Listen to this: http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/gregj...n-guns-weapons-greg-05-27-10,0,976997.mp3file

Last edited:
    Top Bottom