• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    As I understand it, Chicagoan's may now have one handgun in their house, if they buy a state license, a city license, register the handgun, and take training. But they may not carry the gun to protect themselves, only use it to protect their home. How is this constitutional? Is my understanding wrong? If a felon gang member is walking the streets with a gun, he is assured that any businessman or law abiding "yuppie" that he decides to rob or murder will be unarmed right?

The Truth About Concealed Carry in Illinois | The Truth About Guns

But the SCOTUS affirmed in the DC case* that the 2a states to "keep and bear arms" means a) To 'keep' a gun at home, and b) To carry, or 'bear', a gun. They also clearly established that a handgun is the most appropriate and desire able gun to carry.

So how did Chicago comply with the 2a I'd they are not allowing citizens to legally carry?

*DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Chicago has ignored the constitution for sometime, it's why after Heller we still had McDonald.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    They are working on it from several angles. There are approximately 15 counties in the southern region that are planning on having a Constitutional Carry ordinance on the ballot this year as well as Pike Co that has already passed one.

(This does not affect your ability to carry in Illinois though- it is still against state law)

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    If everyone in this country would just stop clinging to their blind faith in firearms then the world would be a better place. I mean you guys act like the government and police aren't here to protect us. I mean why do we need firearms? I personally donated all of my firearms in the name of Peace!!! So when they ban them I am in compliance. I merely purchase numerous items from the classifieds just to keep them out of the hands of all of these crazed Indiana gun owners

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Lower Illinos should give Chicago and its satellite SSRs the boot. They can have a few NW Indiana counties too. Good riddance.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    If everyone in this country would just stop clinging to their blind faith in firearms then the world would be a better place. I mean you guys act like the government and police aren't here to protect us. I mean why do we need firearms? I personally donated all of my firearms in the name of Peace!!! So when they ban them I am in compliance. I merely purchase numerous items from the classifieds just to keep them out of the hands of all of these crazed Indiana gun owners

I'll have you know that the purple/pink does not show up in my emails and we were about to have a go 'round... :laugh:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Lower Illinos should give Chicago and its satellite SSRs the boot. They can have a few NW Indiana counties too. Good riddance.

Never give up territory! I propose we simply drive the hoodlums from Lake, Porter, LaPorte, and St. Joe into Chicago where they properly belong.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Ah... Chicago... where law abiding citizens are stripped of their arms and rendered easier prey for thugs who, be definition, have no regard for the law.

Chicago, I salute you... with which digit I am sure you know.

Sarrsipius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    North side of Indy
    From the NRA website:

"...Oak Park, Illinois, a Chicago suburb that banned handgun sales in 1977. For the record, from 1977 to 1984, Oak Park’s murder rate rose 58 percent, while nationally, the murder rate of suburban jurisdictions dropped 13 percent. So, in 1984, Oak Park’s local officials did what all ideologues do when their judgment proves flawed: they doubled down, banning handgun possession altogether.

In 2010, the Supreme Court’s decision in McDonald v. Chicago, which built upon its 2008 decision in District of Columbia v. Heller, struck down Oak Park’s ban along with Chicago’s."

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    Isn't there a fault line right around Chicago area for when the big earthquake hits it will sink in Lake Michigan??? Like California...

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Illinois is indeed, a PITA. I drove out to Kansas City last week on bidness. Stopped at exit 1 on I-70 in Indiana. Took my gun and holster off. Unloaded the gun. Put it in it's own case and locked it in the back of the vehicle. Drove into Missouri. Stopped and reversed the process. It was fun.

Illinois is one sad ass state. I feel sorry for the people.

Top Bottom