• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dodgetech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    West Lafayett, IN
    Hey just a quick question for ya guys to see if anyone has any experince with there guns I am kinda looking at a 1911 model .22 cal that they have and its looking pretty cheap a local gun shop has them for 240 bucks so I was just wondering I dont want to get junk but looking for a .22 pistol to play around with.

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    I think I mentioned this in another thread but I went into a gunshop that mentioned that they wouldn't buy chiappas due to their terrible quality. I personally don't have any experience with them to be honest but when a gunshop employee tells me that I might think twice. He recommended the GSG 1911 if I remember right.

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    I have a gsg 1911 and I love it. But I know a guy who has a chiappa and a puma ( which I think are basically the same gun just imported by two different company's) and he loves both of them.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I have a new 1911 - 22lr pistol. The gun store I go to, has only good things
    to say about them. Any Chiappa you buy now, should be good to go. I hear
    the pre - 2010 pistols, had terrible triggers and poor overall finish. I think the
    finish on mine, is very good. Shoots Federal High Velocity ammo without a
    hitch. Any new Chiappa you get now, has the new trigger.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    My LGS highly recommends the GSG over the Chiappa. I just recieved the GSG 1911 for Christmas and I'm very impressed with it so far. I'll probably be taking it out tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have shot the Chiappa, didn't like it at all, I have looked at the GSG and I was impressed with it. Would love to hear a range report on that one!

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I put about 250 rounds through my GSG 1911 today. I had about 3 stove pipes and 3 misfires with Federal bulk ammo. I believe the stove pipes were caused by my thumb making contact with the slide and slowing it down. Accuracy was very impressive. I was getting ten rounds into about a 2 inch group at 20-25 yards. I could hit a 2'x2' steel plate at 75 yards with about 7 or 8 shots out of ten. Magazines are very easy to load, the sights in my opinion are great, and it's more accurate than I am. I highly recommend it!:yesway:

If you have any questions just ask!

dodgetech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    West Lafayett, IN
    Well thank you guys for the help I ended up getting a walther P-22 for a pretty good deal so I went for it insted for now but who knows prolly get rid of it here in a few months anyways after I start not using it as much. btw I took it out back and fired off about 60 round without any problems. I got it from a guy at work said he only had a few hundred rounds thru it but I think it has a few more than that because of the wear on the slide but either way its a .22 and still fun as long as it stays without malfunction.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Well thank you guys for the help I ended up getting a walther P-22 for a pretty good deal so I went for it insted for now but who knows prolly get rid of it here in a few months anyways after I start not using it as much. btw I took it out back and fired off about 60 round without any problems. I got it from a guy at work said he only had a few hundred rounds thru it but I think it has a few more than that because of the wear on the slide but either way its a .22 and still fun as long as it stays without malfunction.

Congrats! Personally, I don't really worry about the occasional malfunction in a .22. It wouldn't be used in a defense situation. Jamming consistently is another story, though.

dodgetech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    West Lafayett, IN
    Congrats! Personally, I don't really worry about the occasional malfunction in a .22. It wouldn't be used in a defense situation. Jamming consistently is another story, though.

Givin .22 always fails at one point or another if it isnt the gun its the ammo the QC of .22 ammo is not the greatest and thats holding it to the standards of QC on other factory ammo in the larger calibers. I just dont like having to clear jams all day either and I mainly shoot .22's because of the cost and now I have my ol lady well okay shes 21 into shooting but doesnt trust her self clearing jams and ect.. yet we are still working on that.

Top Bottom