• ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Went to see the Cubs game yesterday with my 25 YO son (he is a big Mariners fan... go figure!).

Placed my handgun in the safe in the back of my car, and had to check my 2A rights along with my gun and my cajones at the state border as I entered the "Peoples Republic of Illinois". Felt great to be back on American soil again as we returned to Indiana. It is a horrible feeling to be unarmed in a place like Chicago...

Not sure that I will go to another Cubs game again.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    The most I'll do in Illinois, unless I'm forced by business, is to drive on through, not even stopping for gas. I don't want them to have 1 cent of tax money from me.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thanks to their Draconian gun laws places like Chicago are among the safest on the planet. :laugh::lmfao::laugh6: No purple needed here.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    There is no need to unload it and lock it up as soon as you cross the border. You can have a loaded handgun on you in your car. You can't exit the vehicle with it under the law. Also ditto with Mohawkslim and Que.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I feel ya. I'm heading north of the border for a week of fishing and relaxing on vacation. It feels weird to spend an entire week and not have my pistol handy.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    There is no need to unload it and lock it up as soon as you cross the border. You can have a loaded handgun on you in your car. You can't exit the vehicle with it under the law. Also ditto with Mohawkslim and Que.

^This. Make sure you stay up-to-date on the laws of the states you visit. The law in Illinois changed a couple years ago when they passed their CCW law. As long as you have a carry permit from from your home state, you may carry while in your vehicle. If you need to leave your vehicle, the firearm stays in there and if you lock your vehicle, you don't have to unload it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Michigan is known to have a lake or two... and they are less unfriendly toward 2A.

I actually like this place. NOTHING to do. (and its an excuse to turn off my work cell and not answer it "due to international roaming/data fees") Not overly commercialized, (beyond the winery and the west dock area) just cottages, a pub to grab a bite and a pint, and some mom and pop businesses to support. Scudder bar is good, Connorlee's bakery has good pizza, and the Anchor and Wheel inn has AWESOME fish. And the Canadian Legion serves an AWESOME breakfast that makes you feel stuffed. :drool:

Its like visiting a small town. Everyone waves, super friendly people. (I end up waving at passing cars in the big city for a day or two after I return as a force of habit)

Its a generational tradition from my wife's side. My kids are the 5th generation to visit. Nothing but fishing and playing on the beach for a week. Oh, and lots of beer!

And its cheap too. 6 of us (including the inlaws) for $1500 all inclusive on the beach for an entire week. That might get us a weekend someplace like OBX.

Pelee Island | Pelee is one of Canada?s best kept secrets!

And this is what you catch off the dock. Even better on the fishing charters that run off the island. (yes this is a "trash" fish, but I catch and release. so I really dont care as long as it bites and fights. )
    sheepshead.jpg

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I know a guy who works in Chicago and has his get home gun in the trunk locked up. A Kel-tec Sub2000

Top Bottom