• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Cheaper than Dirt, Dicks (to a degree), CDNN ($50 CProducts AR15 magazines that were formerly 7.99, pass, $60 Pmags, naw), Lucky Gunner (their ammo pricing went full retard almost literally upon announcement of legislation), there's a few. A couple local places as well... $100 Pmags... naw...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    LOL, how much we have already forgotten... Scutter actually had a really great line about Cheaper Than Dirt, something about how we flay them for two minutes, then run to them when we need magazines.

This one?

Does Andy not know what gunowners do to backstabbers?

They lash out at them blindly for two months and then forget completely when it's time to buy more mags?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I quit buying from CTD a few years back when they told me they couldn't ship AK bayonets to Indiana.

Oh, and it's been explained before, they are not an INGO advertiser.

For someone who must have missed that explanation, what was it? I still see the CTD advert banner flashing across the main INGO page on a regular basis. Does INGO not control this space?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    CTD will go the way of a cooper (or Sniper Co. in the Fort) if they continue to do business as they do. I needed new mags for a couple pistols and CTD had them at decent prices. I searched for them on Goggle and found the .22 mags for $66/each. I finally found both mags needed at Midway for a reasonable price, less than CTD, with only $5 for "Postage, Handling & Insurance," so I placed the order.

But wait! Didn't Midway get on the hate list for something? Should I cancel the order?

Someone should prepare a Sticky list of the banned companies and post it in the FAQs so we don't forget—like we do about Veterans Day, and December 7, and 9/11.

Just off hand I seem to recall ban threads and threats about:

CTD
    Midway
    Magpul
    Midwest
    Freedom (H&H)
    BGF
    Wally World
    Albertsons (Warsaw)
    Sniper
    A shop in New Haven (wait, that guy already died after some jerks robbed him and shot up the place)
    Don's
    GM
    Dick's
    Dunhams
    Did I miss any?

Wait—Toys R US & Babys R Us? No, I think we can still shop at those marvelous establishments. Crap, I forget!

We really do need that Sticky—I just can't remember all these places I must avoid patronizing.

Maybe we should call it our Whiners R Us list, since the most accurate one, Babys R Us, is already taken.

P.S.

OK, sorry! Add LuckyGunner to that ban Sticky. I just read through this thread again and realized I missed it.

P.P.S Oops, add CDNN! Man, we really need that Sticky!

OH, and Ranger Supply—how could I forget that one!!

Thanks goodness for ZX Guns in the Fort! And Jet Girl keeps Tomlinsons in line for us. And we can still go to that cool place in Bluffton.

Man, we REALLY need that Sticky!!

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    For someone who must have missed that explanation, what was it? I still see the CTD advert banner flashing across the main INGO page on a regular basis. Does INGO not control this space?

INGO contracts with an advertising agency to provide those ads. The site does not control the content directly, but has the ability to request that certain ads be removed from the rotation if it is felt that they are not a good fit for the site (for whatever reason). That said, INGO LLC. generally maintains a neutral political position. That is, as long as the ad is relevant, not offensive or illegal, and doesn't violate INGO's rules, then there is no reason to request its removal. CTD is free to advertise its wares at whatever prices it wants, just like you are free to place a classified ad and ask any price you want. Your ad will be as vigorously defended regardless of the asking price. "INGO" as an entity is not in the habit of "banning" companies from advertising here through its ad delivery network.

It's up to the individual to decide where to spend his money and that's why there is no sticky thread of "banned companies". If you choose to spend your money with a company that is bad for gun owners, then that's your business.

askeen289

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    I have never ordered from Cheaper than Dirt. I have seen some of their catalogs and wanted to order but have not. I do have to agree with some of the other posts about Sportsman's Guide. Have used them for years, before the shortage it was where I bought all my ammo and I even do Christmas shopping there. You can almost always find codes for free shipping and with the Buyer's Club you can do a 4 payment plan, which is very helpful. They are also getting some ammo in sporadically hopefully that will change soon.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    INGO contracts with an advertising agency to provide those ads. The site does not control the content directly, but has the ability to request that certain ads be removed from the rotation if it is felt that they are not a good fit for the site (for whatever reason). That said, INGO LLC. generally maintains a neutral political position. That is, as long as the ad is relevant, not offensive or illegal, and doesn't violate INGO's rules, then there is no reason to request its removal. CTD is free to advertise its wares at whatever prices it wants, just like you are free to place a classified ad and ask any price you want. Your ad will be as vigorously defended regardless of the asking price. "INGO" as an entity is not in the habit of "banning" companies from advertising here through its ad delivery network.

It's up to the individual to decide where to spend his money and that's why there is no sticky thread of "banned companies". If you choose to spend your money with a company that is bad for gun owners, then that's your business.

Thank you for the clarification.

Ungie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Connecticut
    CTD wont sell ammo or guns to my state. Yes their shipping prices are outrageous. I asked them about both once, they said that it was a decision that was made by the corporate office and they didn't know when they might reconsider their stance. So they really don't need my money is what I heard

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    CTD wont sell ammo or guns to my state. Yes their shipping prices are outrageous. I asked them about both once, they said that it was a decision that was made by the corporate office and they didn't know when they might reconsider their stance. So they really don't need my money is what I heard

They don't need all the Conn laws. Can't really blame them. All on line stores pad the shipping costs.

Top Bottom