• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Sitting around playing BF4 on the xbox with my son that lives in Michigan, I find myself always using the Saiga 12 SBS. Many moons ago I saw a R&D video on YouTube of a Under folding Saiga SBS. Needless to say I was bummed to find out its a no go here. Now comes the change to law thoughts...if Chicago's handgun ban has been struck down due to a legit court challenge, could that same principle apply here? Maybe someone with a little more $$ and a little legal prowess could take up the fight, or even a group of like minded individuals.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    This is probably a good as time as any to lay down my first post here. Michigan has been behind other States when it comes to granting firearm freedoms to its citizens. It began to change about 12 years ago when a Republican Attorney General was elected, replacing decades long control of that office held by the Democrats. AG Mike Cox in his opinion made it possible for Michigan residents to legally posess machine guns. The current AG Bill Schutte has cleared the way for owning a silencer. The SBS/SBR that you ask about is moving its way through the State Capital at this time. The legislation was passed by the State Senate last year and is now making movement in the House. It appears that Gov. Snyder will sign this when it comes to his desk. There are also other favorable 2A Bills making their way through the appropiate committees too. Time will tell what happens. The big one that was lost was at the end of 2012 when Legislation that would allow CC in PFZ made its way to the Govenors desk right after Sandy Hook. Needless to say he didn't sign it but it has been revived again as one of the legislative pieces making its way through the Capital. Oh and by the way in case you couldn't tell I'm from Michigan so I hope that isn't a negative. I do enjoy the site.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Thank you. Its been fustrating living within a stones throw of the Indiana border for over 50 years and knowing what you guys get to play with. The past 4 years have been relativly good for gun owners and the rest of the State on the whole, hopefully after this Novembers general election the momentum will continue.

Top Bottom