• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrHank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Westfield, IN
    We are renewing our contact with Verizon and I was wanting to know if anyone had a Samsung Galaxy S4 or a Casio GZ1 Commando LTE and what they thought about them?
    [h=1][/h]

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I had the Casio boulder for 6 years and I put that phone through hell and it survived. I still have it as a backup to my iPhone 5. As for the commando if you are very hard on stuff and need the beefy mil spec stuff it might be worth the money. As long as it is a 4g late phone it should work well the old 3G stuff is slow. All my co workers have the samsung g4 and love them.

I once hunted all all day and got back to the truck and went to call the wife to see if I needed to bring anything home. (Well to see what was for supper) when I went to call my phone was not where I thought it should be. It seemed to be in my half full cup of coffee and had been for about 12 hours. Shook off he coffee and dialed home and it worked like it always had. Try that with most phones. That old Casio was the greatest until dumb phones were obsolete.

We had ipads, iPods and a Mac PC in the house so the iPhone for me was a must as it works with all the other devices we had.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm no help but I am a "free agent" too. I am not sure I am going to get a new phone right now though. I have a Droid Razr and I don't really see anything out there that makes me want to get a new phone.

My only concern is that my battery life is getting shorter(less than a day now) so I may be forced to get a phone at some point. I looked at the Galaxy's but they are too big for me. I would like something no larger than iPhone size.

I really like the swipe to text feature so that knocks the iPhone out. So it looks like my options right now are phones very similar to what I already have.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Wife has the S4 Active and loves it. She gave up the iPhone and never looked back. I don't know much about it other than it's waterproof and has a giant screen and is was much cheaper than my iphone5.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I also have the S4 Active. Awesome phone, only complaint I have is I could not get the commuter series otterbox for it I had to get the deffender. With moderate use of texting, facebook, web browsing, and calls I can go 2 days on a single charge.

Steeltoe546

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Castleton
    The nice thing about the S4 is the availability of cases and accesories for it. I bought one last november and love it. I wanted a big screen because of sprints unlimited data for watching movies and things when i'm waiting on a trailer.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I've been an iPhone guy from the 3, 3G, 4, and 4S. Made the change to the Galaxy S4 in Decrmber and have never looked back. Will upgrade to S5 when it comes out. I tinkered around with the iPhone 5S and not overly impressed after using the S4.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    S4 here. Nice phone but with the S5 coming out in a few weeks I'd hold off. I mean the S4 is great but why bother buying a phone that is getting replaced.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Making the jump from the Galaxy S3 to the S5, ships on the 11th from Verizon and will receive on the 13th or 14th.

Mrs. IBM is finally dropping her old flip to come into the smartphone realm, she's also getting a S5 so I can walk her through
    things over the phone in case she has problems.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I'm no help but I am a "free agent" too. I am not sure I am going to get a new phone right now though. I have a Droid Razr and I don't really see anything out there that makes me want to get a new phone.

My only concern is that my battery life is getting shorter(less than a day now) so I may be forced to get a phone at some point. I looked at the Galaxy's but they are too big for me. I would like something no larger than iPhone size.

I really like the swipe to text feature so that knocks the iPhone out. So it looks like my options right now are phones very similar to what I already have.

I alway thought the Galaxies were comically large. Then I traded my old iPhone for one. I got used to the size very quickly, in fact, I grew to like the size. Hated the phone, but liked the size. Now that I have an iPhone again, I wish it was the size of a Galaxy.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I alway thought the Galaxies were comically large. Then I traded my old iPhone for one. I got used to the size very quickly, in fact, I grew to like the size. Hated the phone, but liked the size. Now that I have an iPhone again, I wish it was the size of a Galaxy.

Just wait for the new iPhone...they will be bigger. Unfortunately its still an iPhone so there's nothing good about it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom