• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What cell phone company do you have that you are happy with?

• AT&T

Votes: 8 20.5%
    • Sprint

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Verizon

Votes: 19 48.7%
    • T Mobile

Votes: 1 2.6%
    • Other - please specify

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    I’ve had ATT service since it’s inception. I have never been anywhere that I didn’t have a signal. For $72 a month I cannot complain. For me it just works, and has for the last 20 years.
    Glad you are happy with them. I pay $15.66 a month for 2 lines. But don't use much data (> 1g) since mostly on wifi. Had a work cell with ATT for many years. My son's were in the military and said that ATT was the only one that worked well when they were overseas. Also, where I worked, ATT was provided for those that traveled internationally for work. Everyone else, Verizon. FWIW, worked in IT for over 30 years and avoid ATT for various reasons, but, sometimes they are the best for a situation.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I voted other simply because I have 2 different providers and they're both good in certain areas. Also, Sprint and T-Mobile are the same now.

Personal phone is T-Mobile (used to be Sprint) and at home in Greenfield I get the better service. Rural VA (mountains and foothills) better service. Doesn't do very good in remote areas of The Smokey Mountains.

Work phone is Verizon and inside buildings (work, mall, dept. stores, etc.) the service is better. Used it for GPS to and from Texas with some remote wilderness driving in Texas and never had an issue or lost service.

For price over the two with the amount we travel I'd probably pick T-Mobile, but I'm a cheap a$$. Honestly Verizon is a little bit better service but not enough to make me cough up the extra coin.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I'm now on T-Mobile, but looking to move to another carrier. A good friend is recommending that I move over to xFinity. Uses Verizon for half the price. May do that because I spend a fair amount of time in rural areas.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    meh, half the cost and supports conservative causes, its a good choice.
    As I said in my initial post on this topic it depends on one’s needs. If missing a call could cost one thousands of dollars of business the risk of budget options just isn’t worth it. If one calls to check on the grandkids occasionally get the budget option, I would.

The OP needs to determine his priorities and what priority he is willing to pay for from the services…

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I’ve had att for a long time, service is generally good and the few times I’ve had to call customer service they were pretty good. I’ve got a Verizon work phone and once I’m out in the boondocks reception with it is definitely a gamble, with that said it could just be the cheap brick like phones that the company provides?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Consumer Cellular. $54 per month for 2 lines, unlimited talk and text and 3 gigs data. We're on Wi-Fi most of the time so we don't use much data. I think it's $10 more for 10 gigs.

They use ATT network and seeing that's who we had before, zero difference in coverage and service. They have US based customer service, and they are excellent.

Kept our phones and our numbers too. Just put in new SIM cards we got for $15 at Target..

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I have been with Verizon for well over 20 years with out issue.
    I was going to go with Comcast due to pricing and promotions---------DO NOT USE COMCAST. they are a frigging joke when it comes to customer service.

VostocK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Same here!
    Me too. That's why I'm using U.S Mobile. They run on the Verizon network and are super cheap. My plan is only $19.91 a month after taxes and fees. (They also have an option to run a GSM LTE sim for the same price). Prior to this company I used Straight Talk for years using their Verizon sim. I switched companies a couple of years ago that used a different carrier, but where I live we only get Verizon signal.

Top Bottom