• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I like the looks and size of the new Kahr PM9 and the MK9 but I have never owned a Kahr and they are a little salty on price as well. I am looking for a CCW the same size as the PM9 and in 9mm and a safety is preferred but not a definite need. I usually carry an XD45 so I need something smaller and much more compact. Can anyone tell me of another pistol that will fit that criteria please?

Thanks

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The Keltec PF9 or PF11 might fit your bill. However, I suggest you consider the Kahr CW9. It is lighter and noticeably cheaper than the PM9 and has a very good following. :twocents:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I like the looks and size of the new Kahr PM9 and the MK9 but I have never owned a Kahr and they are a little salty on price as well. I am looking for a CCW the same size as the PM9 and in 9mm and a safety is preferred but not a definite need. I usually carry an XD45 so I need something smaller and much more compact. Can anyone tell me of another pistol that will fit that criteria please?

Thanks

You might look at the Kel-Tec PF-9, but it doesn't have a safety.

Kel Tec

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Taurus PT-709. Slightly bigger and slightly heavier than the PM-9, but WAY cheaper. Mine has 200 rounds of various FMJ and JHP rounds through it. Felt recoil is reasonable, gun it easy to shoot accurately. Glock-like trigger, and manual safety. 7+1 9mm. They make a blued version, and a titanium version as well.

vws8w7.jpg

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I have both a PM9 and a Taurus 709. Now i've had problems with my 709 (light strikes), but aside from that which I hope Taurus can fix - it's a sweet pistol to shoot. It's accurate, it feels superb in the hand, and recoil is very little for such a light pistol. It's a really fun 'shoot'.

The PM9 is, as are most Kahr's - a work of art that works like the machine it is. As one poster said - if you can find one without night sights and talk to a dealer right, you can get one for about 500.00 plus tax.

The Kel-tec pistols are the right size. So is the Micro Eagle which is about 450.00 give or take. It Is a 380 however. But it's a beautiful hunk of metal.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The Kahr CW9 is a little bigger than the PM9, but also worth a look depending on how much flexibility you have in your size envelope.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I will start looking for a used one to see what kind of deal I can come across. My usual carry now in the summer is a taurus millenium pro .45 so a little thinner and sleeker pistol is what I really want. Also, I want to go to a IWB holster and the Taurus is a pain that way. I appreciate the responses.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Look at the CW9 and save about $150 - I love mine. Got mine from INGO member Michianna who does home-based guns sales. Great prices and service. Send him an PM and see what prices he can give you. Saved me Big $$$$

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I have two PM 9's now and love them. Spend the money and you won't be sad. I shot both of them today and put 200rd's each down range. No problems at all.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I too have a PM9 that I carry almost all of the time. It is very light, amazingly accurate for a short pistol, and mine has been 100% reliable. About the only problem I have ever had is forgetting that I have it in my pocket and entering a criminal protection zone. I use a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster and really like it too.

Yes it is more expensive, but it is built to very tight tolerances and looks like it is designed to live forever.

Mac238

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I too prefer the PM9. I've owned the Kel-Tec PF9 and will sing it's praises, but I'm glad I now have the PM9. I've owned the MK9 and it was a bit heavy in comparison. The Taurus 709 seems to be one to look at.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom