• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    My wife is wiling to go to the show with me and is looking for a Ccw purse. Since I have never gone to the show looking for a purse I couldn't tell her they have them there. Anyone know if there is a vendor that sells purses at the show? Thx

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Yes they will have them there. I wish I could remember the name of the one company that has a rather large section at each show. It is typically set up in the middle of the main room. They typically have a bunch of cheap holsters different carry options available.
    A word of caution however...I purchased a CC-purse for my fiance at a show 2 years ago. It seemed good enough and the pistol was easily accessible. However, one of the purse straps broke at were it was stitched to the main body of the purse. Probably an easy fix for someone who knows how to sew, but that is neither of us. She never misused/abused the purse so it was probably faulty stitching. The purse came with a card that said there was a no return policy or something like that...Anyway it wasn't expensive if I recall correctly, probably $40 or so.
    That being said, my mom also bought a purse from the same lady. She bought a more expensive type and still has it and it is still in good working condition.

My fiance now has an NRA purse (from their catalog). It is discrete and can be carried across the body (which is preferable to just on one arm). The only NRA symbol on it is small and black and blends in with the purse so it is not noticeable. The holster is in the back zipper compartment...I wish it wasn't a zipper but it works fine. That purse is nylon and has held up very well.

Good luck.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Coronado Leather makes a fine CCW purse. They are the only retailer I would ever buy another purse from. I carried one for 3 straight years (before getting tired of the style and wanting something different). They are the only dedicated purse manufacturer that I have found can make a product that looks good AND functions well. I have a laundry list of criticisms for 90% of the CCW purses available. I've carried for 12+ years in a purse so I've had plenty of experience.

That said, I have used several off-the-shelf purses from big box stores and made them work just as well too, though admittedly they served their purpose for shorter time frames since they never stand up to the wear and tear of a firearm's weight as well as those "designed" for it.

I finally just decided to go with the real deal. I currently carry a Maxpedition Fatboy G.T.G. But there is a Colossus sitting on the secretary waiting to become my new purse. I just haven't made the transfer of stuff yet. (Best part of the Colossus is that it has TWO CCW compartments.)

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    Coronado Leather makes a fine CCW purse. They are the only retailer I would ever buy another purse from. I carried one for 3 straight years (before getting tired of the style and wanting something different). They are the only dedicated purse manufacturer that I have found can make a product that looks good AND functions well. I have a laundry list of criticisms for 90% of the CCW purses available. I've carried for 12+ years in a purse so I've had plenty of experience.

That said, I have used several off-the-shelf purses from big box stores and made them work just as well too, though admittedly they served their purpose for shorter time frames since they never stand up to the wear and tear of a firearm's weight as well as those "designed" for it.

I finally just decided to go with the real deal. I currently carry a Maxpedition Fatboy G.T.G. But there is a Colossus sitting on the secretary waiting to become my new purse. I just haven't made the transfer of stuff yet. (Best part of the Colossus is that it has TWO CCW compartments.)

This is good info. I appreciate it. I will have to look into these cause I spend a great deal of money on my hand bags and I am very worried about the wear and tear. Although I do carry the firearms in very good holsters it is the weight and bulge of the weapon I am worried about.
    I wish Coach would make a nice CCW bag lol

clemracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Will have to look you up GlockInLaw. My wife is just starting to show an interest in guns - maybe if I show her a nice purse she can carry her gun in, I will win her over faster!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Saw your booth and the wife purchased a high quality leather purse. She did her research prior to the show ( websites and youtube) which helped out narrowing down what she was looking for. Dawn was a great help. Thanks for making her first show awesome. It was a great experience for her which I know is not always the case for women and the show. Boldandcourageouswoman.com You rock!

GlockInLaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    XtremeVehicleDesigns - Thank you for the complements!:) We were very pleased to hear about your wife's positive experience. We will be continuing to enhance our product offerings focusing on providing products for women. More information can be found on our website including information on the shows we will be attending.

billyramair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Columbus area
    Wondering if someone could talk Vera Bradley into making some. Right here in Indiana, and alot of women love those things. I'd say my wife would probably buy one, sister-in-laws too.

Top Bottom