• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    im 6 ft. 6, 260 lbs. and c.c. an XDs in .45 acp. I can carry all day long, and sometimes forget its there. some will say 6 shots are not enough. REALLY? 6shots from a .45 is not enough? then get a couple of the 7 rd. mags, then you have 8. honestly, if I cant stop even 2or 3 perps with 6 shots then shame on me. just my 2 cents.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    While not a fan of the Glock platform, if that is what you are used to, and its only size that you are looking to change, then the compact or sub-compact .40 would be good options.

If you are looking to expand the diversity of your collection a little bit, there are several options out there that would serve you admirably, depending on the parameters that you are looking to stay with.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Why are so many people suggesting a G23 or G27? His statement pretty well rules out both of those. :dunno:

If you look, he specifically mentions pistols in both of these sizes. I have fairly large hands, and even the little G26 isnt what I would consider too small, especially for a concealable piece.

JT21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Richmond
    i would give the m&p compact a look. i have kinda fat fingers and it feels great, also it comes with 3 interchangeable grips to get the best feel for your hand

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    i would give the m&p compact a look. i have kinda fat fingers and it feels great, also it comes with 3 interchangeable grips to get the best feel for your hand

This. If you'd like Chris, I'd be more than happy to let you take my Compact for a spin.. No, it may not be a Glock but it's a fantastic little pistol..

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... some will say 6 shots are not enough. REALLY? 6shots from a .45 is not enough? . . .

Some professionals say that the average number of rounds fired is about 8 [1]. So, that's the minimum I prefer to carry. I want 8 rnds of capacity before I have to reload. The capacity of my usual daily carry is 16 (not including reloads).

Planning to only have to confront 1 attacker? More than 1 is becoming the norm.

Planning to hit with all those shots? Stress and the dynamics of such situations work to lower one's hit percentage in a dramatic way. Just as an example, NYPD's average hit rate for 1990-2000 was 15%. One, can multiply this by one's mag capacity to estimate how many rounds might land on target in SD situations.

How much is enough? Everyone decides for themselves. It's all about playing the odds.

[1] - John Farnam - Enough Ammunition

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Im a 6'5 300lbs fella, whats a decent handgun to carry thats fairly compact or easily concealed. But yet will fit my sausage fingers nicely. currently im carrying a gen 2 glock .40 cal.

thanks in advance,
    hehman

thats about my size.....here is what I carry:

S&W MP 9mm Pro 5"
    S&W model 66 4"
    S&W 1911sc Bob tail commander length.

the 1911 is my favorite of the three to carry.

Hehman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I came across a sig sauer p250 9mm subcompact. Not exactly what I was looking for but the price was fair enough and I helped out a guy in need of funds. But thank you all for the opinions, they will all be valued when ever I make another purchase in the near future!

Thanks again,
    Hehman

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I would reccomend my EDC setup: Kel Tec P11 with a Deep Concealment leather from The Holster Store.For such a small gun,my Jimmy Deans(sausages) can get ahold of it fairly well and the holster conceals very well and feels extremely secure.

Bring on the gun snobs because I recommended a KT!

Top Bottom