• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Use to worry about it... now. meehh... that's their issue... Just tell them (if a stranger...) your off-work job is head of security for a very important family in <state your general location> . Hardly anyone ever asks who the family is... and if they do, its a great opening to say... "My own."

I will definitely use the above if ever outed :)

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Once that anyone ever said anything, I cc but lazy cc, shirt pulled over owb 3" 1911 always. Anyway, stop at grammas house to check their car and the man we call "drunkle chuck" asks me "is that a gun?" now chuck starts drinking from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to sleep, like 2 plus cases of beer a day, and this is the guy that catches me!! Lol! Other than that, a few family hugs have hit my edc, so if they didn't know, they do now, but weren't surprised

Inyomau5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    my gf and friends don't even know when I am and when I'm not. my sig p238 just disappears inside the waistband....even wearing basketball shorts!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I've been carrying for some years now, and never quite been "outed". The closest I came was on my first day of public concealed carry, in line at an ice cream stand. A Grandma behind me was showing the "pretty birds and flowers on my Cheeseburger in Paradise T-shirt to a toddler she was holding. Just as she started to point to the parrot which was my XD,:eek: my wife intervened and pulled the shirt away from the pistol, and proceeded to do the pointing for the toddler instead. We still laugh about that today. I don't care about it so much now, but at the time, I thought if I got out of that situation, I wasn't going to carry under the "Cheesburger in Paradise" t-shirt any more. :):

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    As far as I know It has never been discovered that I was cc, however I have noticed others cc'ing without mentioning anything to them. So logic tells me other astute/perceptive individuals have noticed me without saying anything.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I tend to wear a Jersey over my OC so I partially conceal. Anyway, I have had the jersey blow open and reveal my pistol. I don't make an effort to grab it and cover it back up.

I am pretty sure I have been "spotted" because of the looks you get, but no one has pointed it out yet.

GMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been inadvertently caught. I went in to an Arby's and as I entered an elderly couple (mid 70's I'd say) was walking behind me. Being the gentleman I am I held the door for them. They said thank you and insisted I step back in front of them in line. I placed my order and reached back to grab my wallet and I realize my Dan Wesson 357 is outside my Tee Shirt. I pull my shirt back over it and I hear the Elderly Woman whispering to her husband (You can imagine how load her whisper was) "He Has A Gun"! I pay for my food, turn around and they were out the door and almost to thier car.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I have been OC'ing & CC'ing for years, and besides my wife, have never been made while CC'ing. To this day, my wife will still comments when she sees it or feels it; Her: "There's your gun". Me: "Yep, there it is" Her: "Why are you carrying today?" Me:"Because I carry everyday".

From now on, my new response (courtesy of IN_Sheepdog): Me: "Because after hours I am Head Of Security for a very important family in Brownsburg"!

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I've also had a kid run into my sidearm. Kid vs. Colt Commander slide equals sore head! Everyone was cool about it. My daughter has ran into my side a couple times as well and she should know better.

On a side note, I'm far more concerned about getting "made" than my wife is. She just says "you've got a license, it's legal, who cares.". I've carried for 15+ years and I still worry sometimes about keeping it concealed.

Top Bottom