• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I am sure I have flashed a belted/holstered gun or shoulder holster handle to many at times. I like a shoulder holster but sometimes the jacket zipped up is to warm. OPen it up and I am sure as I move around you can see it. Same for the belt at some time I am sure a shirt has risen up.

I like a good fall sweatshirt and they rise up at times also.

I don't really worry about it. Most people don't notice it at all.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Well the only family that really knows I carry is my brother and he's going to be carrying when he turns 21. Our parents don't know

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    My employer found out about a year ago. I had to disarm because we were unexpectedly going into a court building. He does not own a firearm and has shot one maybe one time. He was surprised, but did not say much about it that day. Since then, he has asked me some reasonable questions about carrying and the use of force.

My brother called me out at a restaurant a while ago as my 1911 was printing when I turned. He just started laughing and said "I can always count on you little brother".

I have never had a stranger say anything about it to me.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    One time while trying to check out at a store my wife started to trace the outline of my SR9 on my hip. I calmly looked over and asked her to stop. While at church I was working with the projector and noticed the elderly gentleman in the 3rd row looking. He didn't say anything so he didn't notice or didn't care.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've CCed for 30 plus years and have never been called on it by anyone. I used to be a big muscle man. Now I am a big fat man. I can hide a LCP under a roll of fat and a spare mag under another roll. :>)

My Brother-in-law knows that I do but says nothing because I know he does too. He retired from the ISP two years ago. My Sister is well protected when we all go out together.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Just remembered another time I was "made."
    My wife and I where shopping for some curtains at Bed Bath and Beyond and I had to reach high for something. When I did my gun became exposed, but no one was around but the two of us and she commented on my gun showing.
    This is how I responded... ;) She responded by... :rolleyes:

:joke:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Than you shouldn't have replied. You're trying to derail the thread.

Than you shouldn't have brought it up.

Let's not derail this into OC/CC on the first reply...

No, I don't think he was. I had the exact same question come to my mind when I read your post. No reason to derail unless you can't handle a simple question.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm a lackadaisical CCer and yet have not been "discovered" by anyone except an aunt after she hugged me once. This occurred around my grandfather who sleeps with a revolver under his pillow at night (too rich for my blood) and his relatively new girlfriend who asked, "Does all your family carry guns?" He shrugged, "I don't know."

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    After carrying for about 4 years I was questioned for the first time this past weekend. I regularly open carry around my apartment complex but I was concealing at the time. We were at the local watering hole and my wife being friendly struck up a conversation with the guy a couple seats down. We introduced each other and he immediately asked

"is that a cell phone or a gun on your hip? I'm a very observant person."
    I was caught a little off guard and mustered a "wouldn't you like to know!" He said he didn't know if maybe I was a cop to which I said no I'm a gradute student and the converstion moved on.

In hindsight, I should have said "I guess you'll have to wait for me to make a phone call or shoot somebody!"

It isn't a huge deal for me to be outed as I said I open carry frequently. Only difference is that I make an effort to be well dressed if I'm going to carry openly.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    1996-Cicero-GasAmerica by a uniformed Local LEO. I had an untucked, oversized T-shirt over my SP101 in an OWB holster. I went in to pay for my gas and the officer who happened to be in there asked if I had "a license for that". I responded yes and would he like to see it. He did... He looked at it and handed it back and said have a good day.

While that may not be strictly CC, it was my intent for the firearm not to be readily identified. Did I fail or does it take one(a carrier) to know one(a carrier)?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Yes, my wife caught me carrying at Victory Field..... once when she put her arm around my waist and felt a 1911 Government model back there.... and then again when we sat down and she felt a Ruger in my pocket. (Insert your own joke here).

Her reaction? "Why are you carring two?"

My response, "How do I know how many I will need?"

"Why are you carrying two?"

"Because five wouldn't fit!"

That's my take.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I was at a church attending one of those health fair things where they run you through a variety of tests. Since I knew it would involve a lot of hands-on activity I was lightly dressed carrying a Smith 9mm in a fanny pack instead of my usual pair of N-frames. This would negate the necessity of exposing and keeping track of the pair of six-shooters.

As I stood in line waiting to sign in an elderly gentleman approached and said quietly, "I bet you have a gun in there, don't you?"

To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I said, "Sir, you are very perceptive." We proceeded to have a quiet chat in which he revealed that he was carrying a J-frame Smith in his pocket.

It's a small world after all.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Once the the slight bulge of the pistol that I carry in a pocket nemesis holster was noticed as I walked into my LGS. It was the owner who noticed. He said nothing, but I could tell that he saw it. He would say nothing, I knew that, because he is the man who sold me that pistol.

The second time was on our trip across country this summer a man who sold vegetables and home made tacos on the road side asked about the pack that I carry. In his very strong Mexican accent he asked "Do you carry a pistol in there?" I replied "Yes, I do". He then said jokingly "Do you want to sell it?" (I think he was joking anyway) No one other than this man has asked if I carry in that pack.

Big G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    NWI
    A couple of times during hugs. The first and my favorite was by my mom. Her only question was "Is that the 1 I got you for your birthday?" my reply was Yes! :D The others were friends and what I got was a funny look at first then a smile!!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    2 weeks ago I was getting fitted at a men's warehouse for my upcoming wedding. The soon to be misses argued and said just leave it at home and I of course said no. I was getting fitted around the waist and the lady jumped back and said can you take that off or does it have to stay and I said its gonna stay where its at. Then of course the usual shirt riding up or adjusting when I get out of the car

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Once many years ago when I was ankle carrying and crossed my legs in a restaurant. My pant leg rose and exposed the bottom of the holster. A fellow at a nearby table told me I was showing and I thanked him and covered up. Quit ankle carry shortly thereafter.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I was running and noticed the barrel from my cc pistol was poking through the bottom zipper of the neoprene old school cd case waist band holder which works great for a pocket .380. I was running early in the morning and passed a couple people. I assume they did not see anything since they gave me a polite "good morning".

Top Bottom