• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    I have always given ID and pink slip at the same time right up front. Never had anyone ask to see the firearm or even ask if I had one on or with me. IMO it diffuses the situation. Just my experience.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The officer returned, gave my ticket and instructions. He put the gun on the seat and said you may reload it after I am gone. I asked...."sir, what would of happenned if I had not informed you about the gun?". Response was priceless.."You would of lost your carry license for 6 months'.

Yep, I made the right decision as obviously this officer had no idea of the law and appeared to be the type that would take offense if I questioned him.

Was this in Indiana?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    IF they ask me, I have no issue responding in the affirmative. I have nothing to hide from them, so it's of no detriment to let them know if they inquire.

Why I will never inform unless required to, and even then I'm going to assume that I am putting my own life at risk. This Ohio driver was required to inform, and even though he was trying to, the "officer" refused to allow him:

http://youtu.be/kassP7zI0qc

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I hope that guy lost his job. completely out of control

Nope. You cannot fire a cop, even if he offers to execute someone.

Fired Canton officer Daniel Harless wins back his job - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com
    “Given the circumstances of that night and the mental status of (Harless), it must be concluded his conduct was defensible,” Graham wrote, referring to the Newton Avenue stop. “The employer lacked just cause to discharge him.”
    So, even if a cop is so stressed out that he acts like a lunatic, that is not just cause to remove him from the force. If you read the complete story, the arbitrator basically said that since Canton had never disciplined any other officer for similar behavior, that they couldn't fire Harless for it. In other words, because they never cleaned house, they (and all the citizens of Canton) must now live in crap permanently.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Isn't this an example of what everyone is wanting to fix as far as gun laws? The officer is obviously suffering from mental illness and I hope he is being treated for it. Is he allowed to carry firearms after this?(I am sure he is)

I don't think I could have remained as calm as the guy in the car with the cop being so disrespectful and belligerent.:dunno:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    The officer returned, gave my ticket and instructions. He put the gun on the seat and said you may reload it after I am gone. I asked...."sir, what would of happenned if I had not informed you about the gun?". Response was priceless.."You would of lost your carry license for 6 months'.

Yep, I made the right decision as obviously this officer had no idea of the law and appeared to be the type that would take offense if I questioned him.

If this was in Indiana, he really didn't know the law. The line about losing your carry liicense for 6 months was BS.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Or you could do this...

Officer stops a motorist late one afternoon on Route 37. He walks up to the car and asks the driver for his license, registration and insurance card.

While looking at them, the officer then asks the driver, "Are you armed?"

The driver says, "Yes sir, I am. I am carrying a .380 in a holster on my hip."

"Okay", says the officer.

The driver then says, "I also have a 1911 in the glove compartment."

"I see..." says the state trooper.

"And, in the trunk, I have an AR-15", continues the stopped motorist.

The officer asks, "Excuse me, but what are you afraid of?"

The driver answers, "Nothing at all, Officer". :D

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    That video is a real eye-opener for me. The driver was very compliant throughout the whole thing. Seems in this instance he was more in control of himself than the officer.

Note: I am not against the police. My father and step-father were policemen.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    If this was in Indiana, he really didn't know the law. The line about losing your carry liicense for 6 months was BS.
    Actually, if the officer files a report with the ISP questioning you being a proper person your license is suspended until they have a hearing and made a determination. Total time? About six months. Total cost to you? Depends on your lawyer. Mine was $200 and hour plus travel.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Why I will never inform unless required to, and even then I'm going to assume that I am putting my own life at risk. This Ohio driver was required to inform, and even though he was trying to, the "officer" refused to allow him:

http://youtu.be/kassP7zI0qc

That is crazy, I can't believe the other cop didn't say anything to him... As mad as he may have been and over reaction the threatening was absolutely RIDICULOUS!

“As soon as I felt your gun, I should have took two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and just put 10 bullets in your ass and let you drop,”

I couldn't believe when he said that! I couldn't help but think he was an idiot anyway for saying my Glock 40 hahahaha it saddens me to know that this guy can get another job! I wish they were as tough on them as the are on teachers and how they treat kids.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That is crazy, I can't believe the other cop didn't say anything to him...

Why is that so hard to believe? He knew his partner was a lunatic and said nothing until his lunatic partner came within a hair's breadth of murdering someone. The entire department had been covering for him up until, and even after, the incident. There was obviously no incentive to keep their own house in order, and now there's no legal way for them to clean house now.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Why is that so hard to believe? He knew his partner was a lunatic and said nothing until his lunatic partner came within a hair's breadth of murdering someone. The entire department had been covering for him up until, and even after, the incident. There was obviously no incentive to keep their own house in order, and now there's no legal way for them to clean house now.

Yeah that is exactly what I mean as in I can't believe it.. As in that is a joke and the other guy is just as bad of a person basically. Very sad situation on the other guys not "cleaning house" as you put it. Just making them look bad probably on a regular basis

Top Bottom