Indianapolis

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or, maybe she's now running public relations for Antifa. Maybe we anticipate a bright new look for them from a fresh perspective.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm surprised that this happened, but it's a refreshing and welcome surprise. Were I in charge of the stockholder's interests, I would not have a person who makes such outrageous statements working for me, regardless of the socio-political bent..

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    She needs more surnames.

The other day I notice that my sister-in-law has a lot of followers on Facebook. Nearly all her friends are in very blue/progressive cities. Nearly all of them are women. Nearly all of the women have hyphenated names.

But anyway. Apparently it's less misogynistic if the female hyphenates the surname of her male partner with the surname of her father. :rolleyes:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    “Earlier today I posted an indefensible post in a Facebook discussion thread concerning the tragic Las Vegas shooting, a statement I sincerely regret. I am deeply sorry for diminishing the significance of every life affected by Stephen Paddock’s terrorism last night and for the pain my words have inflicted on the loved ones of the victims. My shameful comments do not reflect the beliefs of my former employer, colleagues, family, and friends. Nor do they reflect my actual beliefs — this senseless violence warrants the deepest empathy. I understand and accept all consequences that my words have incurred.”

That's absolute crap. You don't say or write something like that unless you really feel that way. There is no way that her original statement was not consistent with her opinion of the people she has clearly dehumanized because they don't subscribe to her groupthink.

Appalling and revolting. She's not sorry for what she wrote.

The only thing she's sorry about is that she was held accountable for her actions (perhaps for the first time) and that those actions had consequences.
    I'm still shocked that CBS fired her, but I'm not disappointed by it.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's absolute crap. You don't say or write something like that unless you really feel that way. There is no way that her original statement was not consistent with her opinion of the people she has clearly dehumanized because they don't subscribe to her groupthink.

Appalling and revolting. She's not sorry for what she wrote.

The only thing she's sorry about is that she was held accountable for her actions (perhaps for the first time) and that those actions had consequences.
    I'm still shocked that CBS fired her, but I'm not disappointed by it.

This is exactly what I thought when I read her garbage apology (a.k.a. plz don't fire me). It's also extremely refreshing to see someone actually facing consequences. Lives should not be trivialized.

She needs more surnames.

I chuckled.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The other day I notice that my sister-in-law has a lot of followers on Facebook. Nearly all her friends are in very blue/progressive cities. Nearly all of them are women. Nearly all of the women have hyphenated names.

But anyway. Apparently it's less misogynistic if the female hyphenates the surname of her male partner with the surname of her father. :rolleyes:

She not only has a hyphenated surname, but another surname on her FB account for an unknown reason.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Could you even begin to imagine what media storm would ensue of a republican had expressed this opinion towards democrats?

The Republican equivalent would be some Evangelical Congressman popping off that this is what happens to people who hang out in a town known for gambling and prostitution.

...And yes, he/she would get excoriated for it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    She not only has a hyphenated surname, but another surname on her FB account for an unknown reason.

a lot of people change their online profile names to make it harder to identify them, for this very reason.

many people drop the last name and use middle name as last

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

On FB that's often/usually her maiden name/married name. So people from the past can still find them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The Republican equivalent would be some Evangelical Congressman popping off that this is what happens to people who hang out in a town known for gambling and prostitution.

...And yes, he/she would get excoriated for it.

From my future vantage point, how about an anti-abortion congress critter trying to get his mistress to have one for his convenience. And indeed there were consequences (giving up on any hope of re-election) and I believe he would face more pressure to resign immediately if so much important (to Republicans/Conservartives) legislation wasn't pending. I am uneasy with that apparent rationale

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I knew a woman, in the INARNG, who had a hyphenated name,

and neither of the two names, she used,

were her own .....

I thought feminism stole this from the Brits, and it was supposed to be [family name] - [married surname] and was all about keeping the woman's seperate identity in the face of the established patriarchy

Top Bottom