Cavuto Slams O'Reilly for "populace nonesense" blaming BIG OIL.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mar_2343

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    NWI
    I thought that was an interesting analogy of oil and prices up down and all. The other thing I found interesting was the scroll bar at the bottom. There was another interview between Jessie Ventura and Cavuto that was never aired of fox news

Norm Dicks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Cavuto should be Treasury Secretary or Chairman of the Federal Reserve!
    O'Reilly...........TV host.
    :patriot:

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    I don't understand the logic, the government hits the oil companies hard for turning profits for their shareholders (which the majority are IRA's, etc), but they bail out companies that fail?

So they want to penalize companies that succeed into the point that they fail and then they use tax payers' dollars after the government succeeds in these companies failing and bails them out?

This does not seem to be a market economy anymore...

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I don't understand the logic, the government hits the oil companies hard for turning profits for their shareholders (which the majority are IRA's, etc), but they bail out companies that fail?

So they want to penalize companies that succeed into the point that they fail and then they use tax payers' dollars after the government succeeds in these companies failing and bails them out?

You would be correct.
    John Hoffmeister from Shell Oil: I can guarantee to the American people because of the inaction of the United States Congress ever increasing prices unless the demand comes down and the five dollars will look like a very low price in the years to come if we are prohibited from finding new reserves and new opportunities to increase supplies.

Rep. Maxine Waters: And, guess what this liberal will be all about? This liberal will be about socializing... uh, will be about, basically taking over and the government running all of your companies.
    That is the true agenda.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Im lost. Really am. Whos the good guy and whos the bad guy?

O'Reilly is the bad guy. He's distorting the truth, as Cavuto quickly points out, in order to promote a political agenda. And he is a big fan of government "managing" the economy, when government interference in the market is exactly why we are in a financial crisis right now. O'Reilly's a fan of using violence to solve problems, simple as that.

Cavuto is wrong however, when he says that oil companies are not trying to maximize profit. Every business needs to maximize profit. That's how they stay afloat, how they fund future projects and expansion, how they attract capital to their market sector. Reaching the market-clearing price for one's goods and services, where supply equals demand and there are no shortages or surpluses, is the goal of any business endeavor. Nobody wants unsold inventory, which is what happens when prices are too high, and nobody wants customers walking away empty-handed, which happens when they're too low.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I might say something like, "O'Reilly is is a tool," but I'm being nice today. He's not someone whose ideas overlap mine because we think the same way. Any time one of his opinions is similar to mine, it's a coincidence. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Big Oil

Amen:D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I might say something like, "O'Reilly is is a tool," but I'm being nice today. He's not someone whose ideas overlap mine because we think the same way. Any time one of his opinions is similar to mine, it's a coincidence. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

:+1:

O'Reilly has very little credibility in my book.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom