• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Just found out the hard way that C-Net (Download.com) has started bundling crapware into their new "Installer" program that you now must use to download any software from them.

I got something called "Coupon Companion" even though I UNclicked all the extra boxes, it installed a plug-in to Firefox that displayed keyword ads on all webpages. :noway:

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ya I used to use C-Net downloads, guess I've stopped using all the nick-knack programs from there. I've been using Torrent sites to get programs I need along with a Torrent client like Deluge.

If you need a program to clean up some crap off your computer, you can use a program called CCleaner by Piriform, you wont find anything spyware/adware related with them. They even have programs to recover "deleted" files from your computer.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have not used Cnet Download since they changed the URL from just download.com to download.cnet.com

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I always try to find the original publisher of any software. I don't worry so much getting it from the source. Vipre antivirus (worth the money) seems really good at catching and removing stuff.

Top Bottom