• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    the two cops are on desk duty, still being paid to be cops. this conduct by a citizen would immediately land you in jail. so much for holding police officers to a higher standard.

If you get arrested for a fight, you get a summons or sent to jail and bailed out hours later. You do not get fired immediately, you don't get suspended from work immediately, you probably don't even tell your bosses that it happened. These guys are on admin duty until the investigation is complete. At such time, they will probably be fired, and possibly have charges pressed.

Who is being held to a higher standard? The citizens or the cops?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you get arrested for a fight, you get a summons or sent to jail and bailed out hours later. You do not get fired immediately, you don't get suspended from work immediately, you probably don't even tell your bosses that it happened. These guys are on admin duty until the investigation is complete. At such time, they will probably be fired, and possibly have charges pressed.

Who is being held to a higher standard? The citizens or the cops?

If I got in a fight while on the clock, I'd be terminated immediately. Not paid while bureaucrats drag their feet through months long investigations.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Those two LEO's are ass hats, pure and simple. Bullies behind badges. They should be arrested and charged, just like any civilian would have been for doing something like that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Police get in fights every day on the clock... Kinda part of the job there, chap.

Is brutality part of the job too?

You said a non Leo wouldnt get fired for fighting. The scenario you painted was a non Leo after hours and off the clock. If a store clerk brutalized a customer, would they be paid until an investigation is completed?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

You said a non Leo wouldnt get fired for fighting. The scenario you painted was a non Leo after hours and off the clock. If a store clerk brutalized a customer, would they be paid until an investigation is completed?
    And I'm saying you cannot compare the two. There is an investigation being completed. The fact that their job DOES require fighting is highly relevant. If your job as a store clerk required fighting, then NO you would not be fired. Alas, it isn't. Since fighting is part of daily LEO life, there has to be an investigation into what sparked this particular fight.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

The difference between brutality and justified force is subjective and you will get a wide scale of opinions, particularly when presented with nothing but a purposefully edited piece of video.

There are three sides to every story. So far we've seen 1.5, maybe. I'll agree that it isn't looking good for the boys in blue but that fat lady hasn't even started warming up yet.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    The difference between brutality and justified force is subjective and you will get a wide scale of opinions, particularly when presented with nothing but a purposefully edited piece of video.

There are three sides to every story. So far we've seen 1.5, maybe. I'll agree that it isn't looking good for the boys in blue but that fat lady hasn't even started warming up yet.

Aww, come on, man - this isn't Rodney King high on PCP and angel dust throwing a fit. This is a five-foot-and-change foul-mouthed hothead who spouted off and got brutalized. Come on, how much more to this story do you supposedly think there is beyond yes, her shooting off about this and that? You honestly think there's some magical fifth viewpoint that will change it all? That five seconds before she was caught on camera ditching five pounds of heroin and three bodies on the interstate and she's actually a very notorious bank robber? Come off it. Just admit that despite the editing, the level of force in this particular situation did not warrant a double pavement buffet.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Aww, come on, man - this isn't Rodney King high on PCP and angel dust throwing a fit. This is a five-foot-and-change foul-mouthed hothead who spouted off and got brutalized. Come on, how much more to this story do you supposedly think there is beyond yes, her shooting off about this and that? You honestly think there's some magical fifth viewpoint that will change it all? That five seconds before she was caught on camera ditching five pounds of heroin and three bodies on the interstate and she's actually a very notorious bank robber? Come off it. Just admit that despite the editing, the level of force in this particular situation did not warrant a double pavement buffet.

Sorry, ain't happening. I've already said that if they were wrong they deserve what they get. What I'm not willing to do is crucify someone based on biased information provided by the media or someone looking to make a buck. Especially information so obviously edited to provoke a response. I'll not "come off" of my refusal to be a sheep, you do whatever you want.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Sorry, ain't happening. I've already said that if they were wrong they deserve what they get. What I'm not willing to do is crucify someone based on biased information provided by the media or someone looking to make a buck. Especially information so obviously edited to provoke a response. I'll not "come off" of my refusal to be a sheep, you do whatever you want.

Yes sir, Officer, sir.

Since apparently this is the only acceptable response to an officer of [STRIKE]judo[/STRIKE] the law.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    What the heck is your point? He agreed that they should and probably will get in trouble. Just bored on a Friday night?

I just think it ridiculous to claim that there are two or more sides to every story. Sometimes it really is as simple as overreach by party A, overresponse by party B.

I think this repartee is perhaps excellent illustration of that point.

I did not, however, realize that today is Friday.

Judo chop!

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The fact that their job DOES require fighting is highly relevant. If your job as a store clerk required fighting, then NO you would not be fired. Alas, it isn't. Since fighting is part of daily LEO life, there has to be an investigation into what sparked this particular fight.

Which one of these three scenarios is a fight?

(A) An intruder breaks into a woman's home, ties her hands behind her back, and punches her repeatedly in the face.

(B) A man handcuffs a woman's hands behind her back and slams her, face first, into pavement... letting her face break her fall.

(C) A woman catches her boyfriend cheating on her. She unleashes a tornado of slaps and kicks upon him and he pushes her up against the wall by her neck, while she continues slapping, scratching, and kicking him.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    If I got in a fight while on the clock, I'd be terminated immediately. Not paid while bureaucrats drag their feet through months long investigations.

Agreed. I would be walked out immediately with a meeting with HR the next day at which point it will be made permanent... Can also see the neccessity of the review in the case of LE where fighting and complaints are commonplace. This does not look hopeful for LE in this case...

Look at how the media had public opinion shaped against Zimmerman/Stand Your Ground/gunowners. Oops...

She admitted that she was verbally lighting them up and throwing a fit. I cannot see how that will ever be a successful gambit. I am reminded of R King and that mess. While there were/are severe and deep racial issues with the LADP, there is no doubt in my mind, that if I were to lead LE on a high speed chase through residential areas for an extended period of time, when I stop, it will not go well for me. I will probably not be able to lose consciousness quickly enough.

That does not make it right, but who does not expect that?

I cannot see how the driven faceplant can be justified. The lawyers are going to be lining up for this one...

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Which one of these three scenarios is a fight?

(A) An intruder breaks into a woman's home, ties her hands behind her back, and punches her repeatedly in the face.

(B) A man handcuffs a woman's hands behind her back and slams her, face first, into pavement... letting her face break her fall.

(C) A woman catches her boyfriend cheating on her. She unleashes a tornado of slaps and kicks upon him and he pushes her up against the wall by her neck, while she continues slapping, scratching, and kicking him.
    As Phylo said, let's see an unedited unbiased video. That's all I ask. I'm not willing to FRY someone based solely on a highly slanted, edited video. In a 'free' country, it's kinda sad that so many people are.

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    Police get in fights every day on the clock... Kinda part of the job there, chap.

Are you calling this a "fight" with a straight face?

Cops need to be thick skinned, no matter what came out of her mouth for the cops to react in this manner is an indication of a lack of control on the cops part. Not the kind of cop I want to be pulled over by while I have a gun in my vehicle.

Sadly, this kind of conduct will continue until good cops decide to find it totally unnacceptable instead of reaching for ways to explain or excuse it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Can anyone explain for me how you might even attempt to excuse the congratulatory fist-bump? Are they really that proud of themselves under the circumstances?

Top Bottom