CathyInBlue Shootered??? (Also, what's for breakfast??)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just looked at the microsoft 10 thread again and saw CathyInBlue is now a shooter. Looks like another knowledgeable member on unique subjects is gone. Anyone know what happened?

View Profile: CathyInBlue - INGunOwners

I missed it too. Given the history here of knowledgeable strong willed women disappearing, I guess I'll have to claim an "INGO war on women" and start a change.org petition.

Hopefully its temporary because indeed she is very knowledgeable and as I recall, not typically one to push INGO boundaries. (unless pushed pretty hard first)

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just saw that too.

Also D-Ric902. :noway:

Did not see that one.

I miss the "shooter thread" that got slammed a while back. It let us keep up with things a little bit and qas a good thread for quite a while. I still miss the gardening advice that's gone and it looks like a good source of technical, computer and linux information has went that direction as well.

These "shooter threads" never seem to last. I've noticed a trend with those that either start them or are very active within them, they seem to end up with a target on their backs as well. At the very least they are scrutinized more so than if they kept quiet.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wonder if the religion thread took a turn south and we are seeing some fallout?

What say the mods? permabans? or just cooling off periods?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Inf

Her "offending" posts were likely scrubbed depending on their content or the mod who took issue with them. Best to move along, nothing to see here...

It is a one month ban for something she posted in the religious discussion threads. I am the person she refers to as her permanent live-in house guest or pet. (I think she puts up with it because I'm the only person she knows in town who knows how to make real chicken pot pie.) In any case, let me just say Cathy had a long night, and finding out she got banned for a month made her unhappy.

Why did she have a long night? I was the cause. I was experiencing a great deal of pain and a rather vicious cough. I had her take me to the emergency room. I was seen rather quickly at Union Hospital, much to my surprise. The doctors and nurses asked the standard questions about my medical history, and eventually injected me with prednisone and gave me antibiotics. I waited for a little bit, got up and went to use the bathroom. When I got to the bathroom, I passed out when I got to the door and found it locked. (All I know is my feet buckled and I found myself on the floor. CathyinBlue described it as me falling forward and hitting the wall.) The ER staff brought out my bed and put me back into it. They hooked me up to an EKG, gave me water to drink, and waited to see if my condition improved. After treating me to a nice meal at Denny's and watching the severe storms passing through the area, we went home.

When she got home, she logged into INGO, as she usually does, only to find out she had been banned. Now, I *had* warned her to stay out of the religious discussion threads, but I think there are mitigating circumstances from tonight that should lessen the length of her punishment.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It is a one month ban for something she posted in the religious discussion threads. I am the person she refers to as her permanent live-in house guest or pet. (I think she puts up with it because I'm the only person she knows in town who knows how to make real chicken pot pie.) In any case, let me just say Cathy had a long night, and finding out she got banned for a month made her unhappy.

Why did she have a long night? I was the cause. I was experiencing a great deal of pain and a rather vicious cough. I had her take me to the emergency room. I was seen rather quickly at Union Hospital, much to my surprise. The doctors and nurses asked the standard questions about my medical history, and eventually injected me with prednisone and gave me antibiotics. I waited for a little bit, got up and went to use the bathroom. When I got to the bathroom, I passed out when I got to the door and found it locked. (All I know is my feet buckled and I found myself on the floor. CathyinBlue described it as me falling forward and hitting the wall.) The ER staff brought out my bed and put me back into it. They hooked me up to an EKG, gave me water to drink, and waited to see if my condition improved. After treating me to a nice meal at Denny's and watching the severe storms passing through the area, we went home.

When she got home, she logged into INGO, as she usually does, only to find out she had been banned. Now, I *had* warned her to stay out of the religious discussion threads, but I think there are mitigating circumstances from tonight that should lessen the length of her punishment.

Thank you for the update. Hope you are doing okay and get to feeling better quickly.

I remember she had some posts in a religious thread and when I saw the thread had been sanitized for our protection it kind of fell into place. D-Ric902 had a couple posts in the same thread. Get some purple gloves and smack her of the hand for us.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Wow, hope you get to feeling better, Cathy too. Guess we'll hear from her in a month. In the mean time, no reason for you to be shy. Just sayin'...

:twocents: - Lottsa places on the web to discuss religion, race, sexual orientation, etc. Controversial stuff that has no relation to a gun owners forum other than the possibility of bad blowback on ALL gun owners should be taken elsewhere. :ingo:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Wow, hope you get to feeling better, Cathy too. Guess we'll hear from her in a month. In the mean time, no reason for you to be shy. Just sayin'...

I'm not a huge gun fanatic, but if INGO were to focus on only say, second amendment issues rather than the other divisive political discussions of the day, there will be supporters of the right to self-defense and keep and bear arms in all of the demographics you mentioned. I don't imagine this site has a huge following among Pink Pistol members, for example, but there's no reason why it couldn't.

As for me being around, my hearing is overly sensitive and I'll take things that go "twang" or "thwack" over things that go "bang" when target shooting. Maybe CathyinBlue and I will see some of you Saturday at vendors for the Traditional Archery Nationals in Cloverdale.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just stumbled across this same issue from the D-Ric902 side. Tried to run a search of his recent posts to see what he'd been up to once I went to sleep and, nada. Member list wouldn't even admit he existed!. Am not familiar with 'shooter'ing. Can someone enlighten me? Hope D-Ric902 is also only temporary. Even if its only a few weeks will miss his lively converse herein.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just stumbled across this same issue from the D-Ric902 side. Tried to run a search of his recent posts to see what he'd been up to once I went to sleep and, nada. Member list wouldn't even admit he existed!. Am not familiar with 'shooter'ing. Can someone enlighten me? Hope D-Ric902 is also only temporary. Even if its only a few weeks will miss his lively converse herein.

When someone is banned from the site, either temp or permanent, the status under their user name is changed to "shooter". From what I understand they can login and view their user control panel but do nothing else. I've seen people that have been "shootered" show up in the member list and other members can still see their profile, and I've seen them wiped from existence with no trace to be found. I have no idea how that end of it works though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom