Catholic Leaders Threaten Obama With 100% Chance of Civil Disobedience Read more

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    cop-pepper-spraying-the-pope-at-the-alter-b8YESm.jpg

In before the pepper spray.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Wasn't the Catholic vote for Obama 50%? Seems like half the Catholics are OK with abortion. Where am I wrong on this?

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    catholic hospitals are 40% of our hospitals. they should fire everyone and lock the doors and see what .gov can do about it. doctors and nurses at the point of a gun ? shut them down and walk away these .govish people think they are gods on earth.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    400 hospitals in the US are owned and operated by the Catholic Church. Another 300 plus are owned and operated by various Christian denominations that hold the same pro-life stance as the Catholics. I'm having a hard time understanding how anyone claiming to be Christian, at all, can be pro-abortion. Unless HHS modifies their mandate, I would bet the churches will be closing these hospitals before they have to perform a single abortion.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    400 hospitals in the US are owned and operated by the Catholic Church. Another 300 plus are owned and operated by various Christian denominations that hold the same pro-life stance as the Catholics. I'm having a hard time understanding how anyone claiming to be Christian, at all, can be pro-abortion. Unless HHS modifies their mandate, I would bet the churches will be closing these hospitals before they have to perform a single abortion.

Doubt it. They will bend the knee just like most German Christians did when Hitler started rounding up Jews. Do you think the German Christians were so naive that they didnt know the trains full of Jews were being shipped to their death?

Sure there might be a couple outspoken critics but they will be beheaded or imprisoned just like Dietrich Bonhoffe, Heinrich Gruber, and Martin Niemöller.

If the people havent stood up yet I dont think they ever will or by the time they do it will be too late.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Doubt it. They will bend the knee just like most German Christians did when Hitler started rounding up Jews. Do you think the German Christians were so naive that they didnt know the trains full of Jews were being shipped to their death?

Sure there might be a couple outspoken critics but they will be beheaded or imprisoned just like Dietrich Bonhoffe, Heinrich Gruber, and Martin Niemöller.

If the people havent stood up yet I dont think they ever will or by the time they do it will be too late.

I believe you are correct.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Wow have we gotten to the point of comparing the Catholic non-compliance to Obamacare with the Nazi's rounding up the Jews while normal German citizens just stood by and watched? Does anyone honestly think that situation could happen here in the US? I hope rational people would step in to stop something of this magnitude from ever escalating to that point. I am not naive enough to believe that we are closely approaching the point when people will have to choose sides and possibly defend that choice. Who knows, maybe we are!

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Maybe they just didn't trust Romney to do anything different? :dunno:

Then that's their misfortune. Romney repeatedly said he would work to eliminate Obamacare. As an aside, that big shot Catholic Cardinal in New York sat next to Obama at the event in New York a few weeks ago. Forget what they call it, but clearly saw the clips on TV of him and Obama chumming. Hard to figure in view of Obama sticking his policies down their throats.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

If HHS doesn't revise their mandates, the hospitals will close. The US Bishops have made that clear. The mandate is a clear violation of the 1st amendment, I don't think we're going to have to wait very long.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Wow have we gotten to the point of comparing the Catholic non-compliance to Obamacare with the Nazi's rounding up the Jews while normal German citizens just stood by and watched? Does anyone honestly think that situation could happen here in the US? I hope rational people would step in to stop something of this magnitude from ever escalating to that point. I am not naive enough to believe that we are closely approaching the point when people will have to choose sides and possibly defend that choice. Who knows, maybe we are!

Most people are not rational. And most people certainly do not believe in freedom so the choice has already been made. Pre-Hitler Germany was the most progressive society in history up until that point.

Thinking that it could never happen here is a necessary precondition to it happening here. How many people believe abortion is murder? What are they doing about it?

http://youtu.be/7y2KsU_dhwI

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

I have no reason to believe that our human nature is any different than theirs.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County

Yes! The destruction of this country is happening one small step at a time. Like the frog that will eventually be boiled to death in a pot of water when the temperature is gradually increased, most americans don't realize it's happening.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Wasn't the Catholic vote for Obama 50%? Seems like half the Catholics are OK with abortion. Where am I wrong on this?

SO they say....most Mexicans are catholic...maybe they want amnesty more than they care about abortion. And I am sure many wanted their free stuff...I am a catholic that believes in birth control, but not abortion.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

I do think we are at that point....

Top Bottom