Castleton Gander Mountain looked like an Eastern European Armory vomited all over it

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Well, title pretty much says it all. Had to get some cold blue on Sunday and took a look around. They had several european mausers, a couple Mosin Nagants, and several makarov pistols in the case. I'm not an afficionado of any so I don't know what the prices compared to. The 91/30 was $149.

Do they typically stock this kind of stuff or are they just selling off an estate buy?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    GM has had a rack of Mosins and Mausers for the last year or so. It seems to be periodically replenished. They are usually in pretty decent shape, but as with most of their other stuff, it's priced a little higher than you could get it for elsewhere.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    They have had the european mausers awhile. The Mosin Nagants have been in stock for about a year now, but they jacked up the price and the quality seems to have gone done. Can't say I have seen the Markarovs in the case for long though.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    91/30's are a head scratcher for me. I got mine around mid october at a different retailer for $119 + tax (best $119 I've spent in memory).
    I stopped by Jay's in Clare, Michigan to browse and found some with even better condition for $98 + tax.
    So GM price is about what I'd expect from them. Anything GM has can usually be found elsewhere for less money.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    European Mausers? I saw a bunch of Chilean Mausers.... are those the ones you mean?

Yeah - I'm not with it lately. There was at least one Chilean one but there were others that I probably improperly assumed were European.

91/30's are a head scratcher for me. I got mine around mid october at a different retailer for $119 + tax (best $119 I've spent in memory).

Yeah - I've seen some very nice ones locally for $139 and when you factor in shipping and transfer fees they're quite a deal. I don't give GM much firearms business unless I really need something and I know they have it. Fishing gear - well that's another story all together.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Well, title pretty much says it all. Had to get some cold blue on Sunday and took a look around. They had several european mausers, a couple Mosin Nagants, and several makarov pistols in the case. I'm not an afficionado of any so I don't know what the prices compared to. The 91/30 was $149.

Do they typically stock this kind of stuff or are they just selling off an estate buy?

Were they Makarovs or P64's?

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I like the beat-to-hell rusty Sig P226 for $500 they have had in the same case as the Makarovs for the past year. You would think they would eventually drop the price just to get rid of it.

I know prices have gone up, but just over a year ago I bought a CPO P226 for $500 that I would have bet the purchase price nobody could tell it from a new one (ignoring of course that it didn't have a rail).

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I concur with the general statements that GM's prices are a bit high but every once in a while you can get lucky. I was in last year and picked up a compact XD9 for $249.00. The gun looked different to me so I asked why it was so cheap. They told me that someone painted the frame with spray paint. Well could not leave it there for that price so it went home with me. About an hour of work and it was back to it former self and OD frame. Those deals are few and far between.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Agreed on needing more info... Are these real Maks (PMs) or Hungarian P63, Polish P64 or CZ82s chambered in 9x18 Mak?

I may need to run by tomorrow. :)

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I stopped by Jay's in Clare, Michigan to browse and found some with even better condition for $98 + tax.
    So GM price is about what I'd expect from them. Anything GM has can usually be found elsewhere for less money.

Glad to know Jay's is still around.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Yeah - I'm not with it lately. There was at least one Chilean one but there were others that I probably improperly assumed were European.

No problemo... they are at least German made 1895's.. just made for Chile. ;) I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to make a hasty trip out there in between the Christmas gridlock crowds if there was another model showing up. :):

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    The new guns at GM are higher than most shops around, but they are one of the big box stores so it is expected. Some of their used guns do have decent prices. I recently bought a ruger lcp there for $250. The fired casing that came with it was less than a month old. The guy that bought it originally couldnt find 380 ammo so he sold it back, it had never even been loaded. I was happy with the price. You just have to check in fairly often to find the deals because they dont sit there long.

Top Bottom