• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ripleydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I have read the posts and see that the states I will be driving through (Kentucky, Tennessee, Georiga, and Florida) honor my IN permit. I also see I can carry while in Florida. I was wondering if any of the states I will be driving through have any regulations for carrying the gun in the vehicle. Does it have to be unloaded ect....

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If I'm not mistaken, you can carry loaded through all of the states mentioned. I just did mere months ago.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    You didn't happen to be in Cabelas about two three weeks ago looking for an IWB holster, did you?

There was a guy OC in the holster aisle, said he was traveling to FL and would be required to conceal there. I pointed out and recommended the Galco IWB's

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Wasn't me, I carry a M+P in a blade-tech paddle. After spending hundreds of dollars I love rockin' the blade-tech, won't see me looking for holsters!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's only a problem if you put yourself in a position to be stopped/questions/detained by police. I carry in those states all the time. If you don't get pulled over, it's never an issue. Not sure what happens if you DO get pulled over. I have never been.

Ripleydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I dont see where it states this, can you clarify? TN is reciprocal I thought.

Also some states dont allow carry in bars.

this is what is posted on the stumble upon website when you click on Tennessee info.

Automobile carry:
    Firearms must be unloaded and in plain view or secured in commercial gun cases anywhere in the vehicle.

Ripleydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Terre Haute
    OK I am very confused and I need some serious help!!! I checked the trip planner and the states I am driving thorough do honor my permit. But at the bottom of the link there is a federal firearms transport statute that says in the vehicle the guns must be unloaded. Can anyone look at the link and let me know about this statute?

Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner Results,

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    OK I am very confused and I need some serious help!!! I checked the trip planner and the states I am driving thorough do honor my permit. But at the bottom of the link there is a federal firearms transport statute that says in the vehicle the guns must be unloaded. Can anyone look at the link and let me know about this statute?

Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner Results,

It means statutes and reciprocity aside, you can carry through ANY state via the FFT guildelines.

Read the second paragraph relating to federal law on transportation of firearms here:

NRA-ILA ::

Last edited:
    Top Bottom