• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • str0h

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    I've had my lifetime carrying permit for well over a year now and during this time I moved to Indianapolis from Brookville. After the move, I found out the wife was pregnant and between that, starting and new job, and dealing with a new house I never got around to changing the address on my permit. I'm obviously way past the 60 days of notifying the issuing county of the change of address and was just wondering what kind of ramifications I can anticipate when finally trying to get the address changed.

I'm not carrying right now because I would anticipate my permit is essentially useless and a cop could really screw me if they so chose.

Will I basically have to reapply for the lifetime - or should I be OK with getting the change of address in?

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just do the change of address I went almost 4 months without changing my address because of a moving situation and had no repercussions. And I carried the whole time.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Just inform ISP of your change in address. Doesn't take long, especially since you don't have to wait for them to send a new one if you don't want a new one. Did you change your driver's license each move?

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I changed mine, they never sent a new one. you are ok with keeping your old address on your permit. just find their fax number and send it in, and keep the copy for yourself. good question though, im interested in knowing what the damage could be without it.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    There is a $30 charge (money order) if you want a new copy with your new address on it, which I recommend as some dealers may give you a hard time if your permit has a different address than your drivers license. I too went well beyond the time limit and had no problems in getting an updated permit.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    There is a $30 charge (money order) if you want a new copy with your new address on it, which I recommend as some dealers may give you a hard time if your permit has a different address than your drivers license. I too went well beyond the time limit and had no problems in getting an updated permit.

It's a $20.00 fee, and I've never been asked to show my LTCH at a dealer because it's not required for purchase.

Top Bottom