• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    First of all noone will change my mind on this. I tend to obey the laws of the land, however when I go to the communist state of Illinois, specifically chicago, I always take my gun. Iam not going to have me and my family die so that I can say I upheld the communits, anti-constitutional laws that were created by idiot polititions in chicago. I don't take my gun in a post office generally or a bank, but there are times when I have to weigh the risks of being caught with the gun against the risks to my life, (chicago at night). Thanks to all.

Am I the only one that thinks that this screams trollbait, probably by someone from the Brady Campaign looking for responses that can be quoted to make us look bad in their next expose'?

IMO, this thread should have been canked a long time ago for advocating for firearms felonies.

Joe

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Sometimes I frequent places that do not allow firearms on the property and CC due to the area. Sometimes I frequent places that do not allow them and just leave it locked up in the truck. And then sometimes I just space that I'm carrying and go on inside (oops).

As long as you don draw attention to yourself and just act natural you won't run into any problems.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Am I the only one that thinks that this screams trollbait, probably by someone from the Brady Campaign looking for responses that can be quoted to make us look bad in their next expose'?

IMO, this thread should have been canked a long time ago for advocating for firearms felonies.

Joe

Just look at the number of posts, of people who make posts like this OP.
    Normally that says a lot in itself.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Just look at the number of posts, of people who make posts like this OP.
    Normally that says a lot in itself.

I see what you mean. I don't want to suspect everyone with a low post count (I had a low count once, before hte INGO bug!) but...

Some who start out talking crazy illegal stuff, using or seem "trigger happy" for a SD situation kinda bug me. So does the new folks with a lot of cliche`d "gun guy" quotes.

I think it's one of a few things:

1. They want to impress and try to be "gung ho"

2. They are schills for an anti-gun crowd trying to get members to agree to and/or encourage illegal behavior(s). (They'll be sadly dissapointed as they will find responsable, law abiding folks here who would not risk their rights by acting foolishly and/or have moral objections to what is suggested. We may not all agree on all topics but the vast majority here are lawabding people with morals who take SD seriously and understand the responsabilty that goes with responsable ownership.)

3. They are sincere and misguided. (If so they've come to the right place. I'velearned a ton here myself!)

:twocents:

Last edited:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I see what you mean. I don't want to suspect everyone with a low post count (I had a low count once, before hte INGO bug!) but...

Some who start out talking crazy illegal stuff, using or seem "trigger happy" for a SD situation kinda bug me. So does the new folks with a lot of cliche`d "gun guy" quotes.

I think it's one of a few things:

1. They want to impress and try to be "gung ho"

2. They are schills for an anti-gun crowd trying to get members to agree to and/or encourage illegal behavior(s). (They'll be sadly dissapointed as they will find responsable, law abiding folks here who would not risk their rights by acting foolishly and/or have moral objections to what is suggested. We may not all agree on all topics but the vast majority here are lawabding people with morals who take SD seriously and understand the responsabilty that goes with responsable ownership.)

3. They are sincere and misguided. (If so they've come to the right place. I'velearned a ton here myself!)

:twocents:

Yeah you pegged it. Not all low posters are Anti-gun hacks trying to get some quotes to tout about on other forums. Many are new and haven't had the privilege of the vast knowledge that is INGO.
    I too have learned tons here.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

Joe

i agree. and all we ever say is "dont punish the law-abiding gun owners", yet on this very site there are plenty of non-law-abiding gun owners...and they openly admit it no less.

as for Chicago, I avoid the problem by never going there.

zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    honestly its probably a bad idea... i go to chicago all the time and honestly if you are just a little bit careful you will be fine. now if you are going to chicago to buy some crack or something then you might need to carry.

by carrying in a state that does not allow it you are putting yourself in a situation where if you have to pull your gun and fire you have now committed a crime. you will be less willing to pull your gun yet it will constantly be the first thing on your mind clouding your ability to protect yourself in other means.

honestly chicago isn't a place for guns when it is an illegal act i could understand if this post read " I carry when i drive to Harvey" not chicago

-zack-

Top Bottom