• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I took the family to Disney On Ice last weekend and we walked through metal detectors and had to take most things out of our pocket. The guy yelled at me and grabbed for my basket because he was jacking around and I started to pull my cell and keys out of the bowl. Thankfully I remembered the article about them checking at all events now because I carried the last time we went.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    These type of events have become targets for muggings and robberies. Crims know when you are leaving sporting events or similar that you aren't carrying because you "can't" get in with weapons. Another example of the government trying to look out for our best interest and placing us in more danger.

It's not the government setting this policy, as that would be illegal. These are corporations who rent out the venue and set their rules. If you want this to change, talk to the corporation in charge.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    These type of events have become targets for muggings and robberies. Crims know when you are leaving sporting events or similar that you aren't carrying because you "can't" get in with weapons. Another example of trying to look out for our best interests and placing us in more danger.

muggings and robberies are one in the same (robbery). Are you talking about events in Indy in particular, or just generalizing about events all over? If Indy specifically, I'm going to need you to cite crime stats for robberies immediately after events, and in the exact proximity of same.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I took the family to Disney On Ice last weekend and we walked through metal detectors and had to take most things out of our pocket. The guy yelled at me and grabbed for my basket because he was jacking around and I started to pull my cell and keys out of the bowl. Thankfully I remembered the article about them checking at all events now because I carried the last time we went.

I put my gun in the basket and got through at a Colts game. They don't seem to be checking them very well.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    It's not the government setting this policy, as that would be illegal. These are corporations who rent out the venue and set their rules. If you want this to change, talk to the corporation in charge.

I've attempted to contact BLF head of security & haven't been called back or had my emails returned. Frustrating when you attempt to do the right thing and are stonewalled.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Uhh..... what? Really? That's awesome! Did they compliment you on your blaster or just not pay attention? If security stays like that, I may start going back to LOS for games and such.

It didn't look like a gun when I put it in :P

Pocket revolver in a winter glove. The knife was sitting out in the open, though... but the dude didn't seem to be paying much attention regardless.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I've attempted to contact BLF head of security & haven't been called back or had my emails returned. Frustrating when you attempt to do the right thing and are stonewalled.

I believe BLF is owned by a governmental entity as well. The private corporations are those hosting the events. For what it's worth, VF is owned by the same people as BLF. I believe that to be ths Capital Improvement Board, a division of the city of Indianapolis. Therefore, they may NOT create a rule. They get around by SUGGESTING whoever leases the facility create a rule disallowing firearms.

Top Bottom